Information on College Station... Wanted facts and must do's...

CSAgFan

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 14, 2003
College Station, TX
Hotels.... My favorites tend to be the Hilton, Kiva Inn, Homewood Suites, Holiday Inn Suites, and the MSC Hotel (on campus)...

Nightlife... the Northgate Bar Strip ; it has 15 bars right across the street from campus... Dixie Chicken, Fitzwilly's, Madhatters, and Texadelphia are among my favorites... The Tap and Carney's/Blarney Stone are by the mall and also very good, cheap drink bars...

Eateries... Freebirds IS A MUST.. Not going to freebirds would be like going to Tuscaloosa and not going to Dreamlands!! Satchels BBQ, La Bodega, and Wings'N More are a must try also!!

Stadium and tailgating... Olsen Field can pack in about 9,000 into the stands with overflow standing room... If the NCAA allows Aggie Alley for the regional, then there will be several hundred tailgaters behind the left field fence!! Tailgates are mainly in the RV lots around the stadium but most people park at Reed Arena and some tailgate out there... If Bama wanted to set a big meeting place up, Reed would be the place!!

Once Again, good luck, but not against the Ags!!! I hope to see some of you at our tailgate in the back of the RV lot!!

Siouxsie

Apr 7, 2003
Hoover, AL, USA
Ag,
What's the best way to get there? Should we fly into Hobby or International? Also, of the hotels mentioned, which are closest to the stadium (other than the one on campus)? Any info greatly appreciated...

CSAgFan

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 14, 2003
College Station, TX
Fly into international!! It is on the North side of Houston and 1 hour, 15 minutes from College Station.

If you don't stay at the MSC, I would stay at the Hilton... It is on University drive, about a 1.5 mile down from the bar strip... University is perpindicular to Wellborn which is where the baseball field is!!

Here is Olsen Field...

JoJoforHeisman

All-American
Dec 7, 2000
Birmingham
diamondtide.tidefans.com
Congratulations CSAgFan!

For the first time ever, you have posted something that is actually RELEVANT to ALABAMA baseball!

Should we stay at the LaSalle Hotel in old downtown? I hear you can get a steamin' greasy plate of enchiladas with lots of cheese and onions and a guacamole salad there, with iced tea and a waitress who will smile every time.

By the way CSAgFan, if you don't understand the meaning of that, you are neither a true Texan nor an Aggie!

RTR

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Will Fran and his family flee College Station for the week or will the Corps of
Cadets surround his house with drawn sabres?
All the Bama fans will probably be stopped at the city limits and be car searched for illegal weapons and have to go through a special gate where a metal detector will be used.

What were they thinking when this decision was made. Acid and water and it depends on how you mix them.

------------------
STRESS - The uncontrollable urge to choke the life out of someone who despirately needs it.

I Remember 55

Jonathan Swift once observed, "It was a bold man who first ate an oyster."

CSAgFan

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 14, 2003
College Station, TX
bayou... we are building a wall around the Hwy 290 corridor coming into college station

oh yeah... don't forget to bring phyllis!!

It should be a great time, and I hope to get to meet some of you guys!!

ReederTAMU

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 16, 2001
Houston, TX
CSAgFan, Hwy 290 does not go into College Station (that would be hwy 6). Also, it is Intercontinental not International Airport in Houston. Don't want any of the Tiders confused.

I agree on Freebirds. It is a must for visitors.

Congrats Tide on your SEC tourney win and have a safe trip to College Station. If you want to experience some great tailgating and good ol' Aggie hospitality, stop by the beer tree at Olsen before and after the games. The beer tree is located South of the stadium (right field side) next to the railroad tracks.

[This message has been edited by ReederTAMU (edited May 26, 2003).]

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I'd like to see Fraud's version of Heaven. I'd also like to visit the bar where the Franchione girls were arrested.

Aggie_Eric98

May 26, 2003
Dallas
I got a question for you bama fans, does Brent Boyd still play fot ya'll? I didn't see his name on the roster. I have known him since I was 12ish.

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I can remember Vince Coleman and Brett Saberhagen having some fun with super soaker water guns while they were playing for the Mets! There was bleach in the water....

------------------
Will someone please send me a Guthrie's plate! And extra sauce!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.