'04 Predictions!

tider04

Scout Team
Apr 13, 2004
wake forest, nc , usa
Hey guys…here’s a little premature football predictions, game by game. Let me know if you agree or not and why…..RTR!

1)Utah State…..why Bama will win: Because we are bama and they are utah state. We should win this one because of our superior athletes if nothing else, not to mention home field advantage.
Why bama will lose: Utah st. will be looking for a big upset, this game could make their entire season. Bama may be caught looking ahead to Ole Miss and forget to prepare adequately for a fairly decent ball team.(Remember NIU?)

Pick…..Alabama by 14

2)Ole miss….why Bama will win: Ole miss no longer has Manning, which is 90% of the reason they beat us last year. They will be better than people project, but this will be a rebuilding year for the rebs. Home field advantage should give us the edge if it is a tight game.
Why bama will lose: Rebs will be better than everyone thinks, they have an athletic QB that might mean trouble.( Remember Matt Jones?) Solid team that could surprise some folks this year.

Pick……..Alabama by 10

3)Western Carolina…….why Bama will win: I attended WCU for 2 years….their Athletic program is a joke and so is their football team. This should be a slaughter. This is one game we should win just by showing up.
Why bama will lose: LOL….no way man, this is the ONLY game bama has locked up this year. The only way we don’t win is if Jesus comes back before we play.

Pick……Alabama by 24

4)Arkansas……why Bama will win: Razors lost all but one starter on Offense and a lot of talent on D. Big-time rebuilding year for the Nutt. Alabama will also be seeking a little revenge for that game last year that we handed to them.
Why bama will lose: Hogs still have matt jones….who alone will win a few games this year for the pigs….just hope one of them isn’t against us. Winning in Fayetteville has always been a tough task.

Pick……Alabama by 3

5)South Carolina……why Bama will win: Only one reason…b/c it’s at B-D stadium…home field advantage…..We need to come out and be rocking to give our boys the edge in this game…b/c other than HFA, it’s a tossup.
Why bama will lose…..USC is a more mature team with a great coach, they will be hungry and full of confidence coming off 2 easy non-conference wins.

Pick…….Alabama by 1

6)Kentucky……Why Bama will win: Kentucky may be the worst team in the SEC. They lost some talent off last years terrible team. Even in Lexington….Tide is just a better team….period.
Why bama will lose: Undefeated at this point…we may be a little too confident and expect the wildcats to roll over. Kentucky is always hyped up to bring down the mighty Tide….they’ll be “jacked up” for this one.

Pick……Alabama by 10

7)Southern Miss…..why Bama will win: If we are still healthy at this point, we should win based on talent…..plus home field advantage.
Why bama will lose: By this time, we may be suffering from injuries and looking ahead to the viles. Bama could be ripe for an upset this week.

Pick…….Alabama by 6

8)Tennesse…..why Bama will win: REVENGE……we hate them now more than ever due to the phat phulmer scandal. They will be down this year, they have no QB and a terrible coach.
Why bama will lose: Injuries could be a factor by now…..plus we are playing in Knoxville. Our D line may be thinned out by this time allowing the vols to run effectively on us.

Pick………Tennesse by 10

9)Mississippi State……why Bama will win: We are better then they are. Plus it’s in T-town. They just don’t have the players to compete this year. Bama will be ****ed after losing a tight game to the viles.
Why bama will lose: no SEC game is a lock. They do have some talent, believe it or not. A new coach may have them playing inspired ball, plus I’m sure Croom will play the race card a little b4 the game to his players, what with the Shula renaming his award incident.

Pick……..Alabama by 17

10)LSU…….why Bama will win: hmmm, tough one. Revenge factor, plus you can never count us out, we may pull a huge upset this week. Hey…it happens every year, why can’t we pull off one of the years big upsets?
Why bama will lose: LSU is too talented and deep. Plus its at LSU. They are just light years ahead of us in terms of talent and depth.

Pick…..LSU by 17

11) Auburn……why bama will win: Home field baby!.....their D is suspect and we’ll be looking for a little revenge.
Why bama will lose: They have a great running game and a veteran QB. Very talented squad….could easily win the West if LSU is down this year.

Pick…..Auburn by 7

Final analysis: 8-3….and going bowling!!!!Not too bad after a 4-9 season…..RTR!

TerryP

Suspended
Oct 8, 1999
The two games I question are Arkansas and South Carolina. The key to both is how well they will develop their 2's and 3's in the fall camp and early on in their season.

Right now, even with sanctions, we seem to be pretty even in most categories.

Ole Miss? Wild Card.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tider04:
11) Auburn……why bama will win: Home field baby!.....their D is suspect and we’ll be looking for a little revenge.
Why bama will lose: They have a great running game and a veteran QB. Very talented squad….could easily win the West if LSU is down this year.

Pick…..Auburn by 7
</font>
Would you go into detail how having home field against Auburn has been an advantage in the last 112 years?

BIG DADDY

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 13, 1999
Houston Al.
some people get to worked up over these early
predictions, and when something goes wrong they start bashing Coaches, which i will say I have done and that im not happy about , I myself am taking a different look at it this season, after watching ADAY.. SPECIAL NOTE: I know Brodie was out, BUT the OL is going to be awful green this season, our on DE's was killing the new tackles this not giving Mark G enough time to get the pass off, that being said Bama should win Utah State,Western Carolina and MissSt. as for the others USC, ole miss, SMiss,Ark these teams I feel people are just overlooking cause Bama in the years past has beat up on these teams, not the case this season I just don't see how our 2nd teamers can match up with the others and in the SEC dept is a major factor in a game. don't get me wrong I hope bama can win all the games I have in question and if so ( with KY added) that would give them 8 wins which would be Great!
but this is going to take the ball bouncing in our favor,110% effort(which bama will give) and some GREAT COACHING SCHEMES.

tide_cali

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 3, 2004
San Jose, California, U.S.
Tider04, wow! you should work for ESPN. Give me a break man!!! Why are we even bothering predicting scores and results of each game. Let's just hope we come out each game swinging!!! And hope for a "W".

Let the players play the game man!

Roll Tide Til I Die!!!

bamabake

Hall of Fame
Jul 25, 2000
waco, tx, USA
Let's just hope we come out each game swinging!!! And hope for a "W".

Roll Tide Til I Die!!!

Amen!!

Gotta love those " this WILL or WILL not happen " quotes. If it works can someone say, " Bamabake WIll win the lottery, it WILL happen" !! WooT!!!

Bamafan in LA

Aug 25, 2002
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Call me extremely optimistic, but I have a good feeling about this season. I'm usually pretty accurate about these good feelings. I think we'll compete for the SEC West crown with LSU. Our secondary is much better, our linbackers and d-line have improved(even with Odom gone), our o-line will hold its own, we'll have some talented young backs and receivers, and this is Brodie's breakout year. I'm telling you it is. Here are my predictions for this season's games and I invite everyone else to participate in the predictions:
1)Utah State- Win easily
2)Ole Miss- Without Eli Manning, the Rebels do not have a defined leader and in the second week of the season in Tuscaloosa, Ole Miss will not be prepared.
3)Western Carolina- 3-0
4)@ Arkansas- This is a game we should win as long as we do not shoot ourselves in the foot. I believe we are more talented.
5)South Carolina- Lou Holtz still does not have his ball club clicking.
6)@ Kentucky- Again, as long as we don't give the game away, we should win.
7)Southern Miss- This game scares me the most so far. Southern Miss always, I mean always gives us a hard time. After holding their own against the likes of Nebraska last season, this ball club has all the confidence in the world to beat anyone, and they have beaten us only four seasons ago, a 21-0 drumming. Nevertheless, I believe we'll prevail, but oh so close.
8)@Tennessee- This is a tough call. Playing in Knoxville is gonna be tough, as always. Last season's matchup was a heartbreaker, but in 2002, we finally got the monkey off our backs by beating them for the first time in 8 years. Our guys know we can beat them and will be fired up and will take the "W" here.
9)Mississippi State- This will be interesting with Shula and Croom, but that's about all that will be interesting. Mississippi State will be major contenders in two seasons or so, but for now, the talent is not there.
10)@LSU- Living in Louisiana, all I hear about is LSU football. I look forward to every loss they have, especially at our hands. This season, LSU will be without some key receivers in Clayton and Henderson, as well as with a new QB. A good bit of their defense has graduated or moved on to the NFL Draft, leaving a lot of spaces for underclassmen to fill. I do not see LSU being nearly as dominant this season. Besides, we tend to do well in Baton Rouge(31-0 in 2002). Possibly a key in this game is that LSU has a bye week before their game with us. However, they had a bye week before their loss to Florida at home last season.
11)Auburn- I think this game will finally have great stakes at hand other than just another Iron Bowl. This game will have SEC Championship Game implications. We have yet to beat Auburn in Tuscaloosa, but there is a first time for everything. Shula will win his first Iron Bowl en route possibly to Atlanta.

SEC West Champions?
I think the west will be between Alabama, Auburn, and LSU. We have a relatively easy schedule this season. I can see us losing only one of two conference games-UT or LSU. Auburn will lose to at least one of LSU, UGA, and FLA and probably to us. LSU also has a difficult schedule in FLA, UGA, and AU all on the road. My guess is that LSU will lose probably two of those games and hopefully to us. I predict we win the SEC West on the basis of a relatively easy schedule and Brodie's breakout season with a record of 10-1 going to the SEC Championship Game. If we win that, on to the Sugar Bowl for the first time in twelve years and an opportunity for me to party in my hometown(I'll be a freshman next fall at UA).

There's my two cents, let's hear yours!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
my '04 predictions

Bama will field a team, and be undefeated before the season starts, after that, all bets are off

bamabake Let's just hope we come out each game swinging!!! And hope for a "W".
Roll Tide Til I Die!!!
Amen!!
Gotta love those " this WILL or WILL not happen " quotes. If it works can someone say, " Bamabake WIll win the lottery, it WILL happen" !! WooT!!!

Bamabake WILL NOT win the lottery!
BAMA WILL win a National Title before you win the lottery.
Just messing with you. I hope you win something.

mib3fan

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 29, 2001
I figure the games against Utah State, Western Carolina, Mississippi State and Kentucky are almost certain wins. Utah State and Western Carolina are far behind us in terms of talent levels, and Kentucky will probably take a step backwards from what was a really bad team last year. Mississippi State will likely show little improvement from over the past three seasons, and it may get worse before it gets better for them. Losing Fant, the starter for nearly the past three years, will hurt them.

South Carolina and Southern Miss will likely be wins as well, although they'll be much tougher fought contests than the first three that I mentioned. Southern Miss always plays us tough, and you can expect more of the same in 2004. South Carolina was a fairly solid team in 2003, but they could never get over the hump and pull out a big win. They need to rebuild somewhat, so in that way they're very much like us. Regardless, Lou Holtz is a very good coach, and beating his Gamecocks won't be an easy task.

A lot of people are really looking down on Ole Miss and Arkansas, and they really shouldn't. Ole Miss will lose Eli and Chris Collins, but while Eli got a great deal of attention over the past three years (and deservedly so), Cutcliffe has been building a team that is bigger, stronger, more physical, and more balanced offensively. The misconception that Ole Miss can't run, and can only throw with Eli, who's now gone, isn't really right. They've got some talent there, and it will be a tough game for us to win, although at least we get them at home. Arkansas is somewhat in the same boat. They've lost some big name guys, but they have some solid players coming back, and Matt Jones is the most experienced quarterback in the league. Also, you can't forget how bad we looked on the road in 2003, and a more inexperienced team in 2004 will likely not cure that ill; also, Fayetteville has always been hell on us.

LSU dominated us more last year than I've ever seen anyone do, and that includes Arkansas 1998. I don't even want to imagine what they'll do to us in Baton Rouge.

So, that leaves Auburn and Tennessee. Tennessee will be a very tough game to win, as I doubt an inexperienced team will react very well in a hostile environment of 100,000 plus fans. Also, while Tennessee lost just about as much as we did in terms of lettermen from our 2003 team, they have more talent there to fill their needs. While they don't have an inexperienced quarterback this year, if our offensive line doesn't improve in 2004, then we could very easily have an inexperienced quarterback by the 8th game of the year. A win is possible, but likely a remote possibility at best. Auburn is about like we are in the sense that we both have a lot of rebuilding to do. The playmakers from their defense last year are gone, but the offense does look good. Campbell is probably the second most experienced quarterback in the league behind Jones, and he showed some signs of progress late last year. Unfortunately for us, it seems that the big difference between us and Auburn is that they have more playmakers than we do. Brodie is likely a better pure quarterback than Campbell is, he doesn't have targets like Obumanu or Aromashadu to throw to, and at the very least, Campbell can make big gains with his legs. We have some solid backs, but none have the gamebreaking ability that Brown and Cadillac have shown recently. Unfortunately for us, the 2004 Iron Bowl could almost mirror the 2003 game: Auburn making big plays to win.

That about wraps it us. I figure at the least we'll get four wins, and if we can play solid ball against South Carolina and Southern Miss, we go 6-5 with a possibility for a bowl. Anything outside of that, however, is probably unlikely. Road games in Fayetteville, Knoxville, and especially Baton Rouge are going to be almost impossible to win. Home games against Ole Miss and especially Auburn will be tough ones as well.

If this team really steps up though, we could do really well this season. I would be very surprised if any more than three of the eleven teams we play finish the season in the top 25, and a slightly above average team could easily go 9-2 with this schedule. However, the returning talent and depth levels we have from 2003 is not enough to go that far, and it will likely take a big impact by incoming recruits to move above 6-5.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
1)Utah State…..why Bama should win: Because we are bama (? - have you checked our home record lately? It is not "Sweet HOme Alabama"? We should win this one; let's just hope that we can.
Why bama could lose: Utah st. will be looking for a big upset, this game could make their entire season. Bama may be caught looking ahead to Ole Miss and forget to prepare adequately for a fairly decent ball team.(Remember NIU?)

Pick…..Alabama by 14 (makes sense).

2)Ole miss….why Bama should win: Ole miss no longer has Manning, which is 90% of the reason they beat us last year. They will be better than people project, but this will be a rebuilding year for the rebs (what do you think Bama is doing for the next 2 years?). Home field advantage should give us the edge if it is a tight game (see above in item 1).
Why bama could lose: Rebs will be better than everyone thinks, they have an athletic QB that might mean trouble.( Remember Matt Jones?) Solid team that could surprise some folks this year.

Pick……..Alabama by 10 (I think by a field goal)

3)Western Carolina…….why Bama should win: I attended WCU for 2 years….their Athletic program is a joke and so is their football team. This should be a slaughter. This is one game we should win just by showing up (never ever think that in any game).
Why bama could lose: By thinking that it is a lock and not preparing and playing.
Pick……Alabama by 24 (good enough and play some more people to get ready for the conference)

4)Arkansas……why Bama could win: Razors lost all but one starter on Offense (?) and a lot of talent on D. Big-time rebuilding year for the Nutt. Alabama will also be seeking a little revenge for that game last year that we handed to them. I suspect they are a heck of lot deeper than Bama.
Why bama could lose: Hogs still have matt jones….who alone will win a few games this year for the pigs….just hope one of them isn’t against us. Winning in Fayetteville has always been a tough task (this is true).

Pick……Alabama loses by 3

5)South Carolina……why Bama could win: Cause USC has Holtz and he is a pompous azz.
Why bama could lose…..USC is a more mature team with enough depth to wear Bama down (as many teams will do this year), they will be hungry and full of confidence coming off 2 easy non-conference wins.

Pick…….Alabama loses by 7.

6)Kentucky……Why Bama should win: Kentucky is a basketball school. They are not very deep either. Tide should recognize this game as one they could win.
Why bama could lose: Kentucky could make their season with a win over Bama having only won once in the last 75 years.

Pick……Alabama by 3

7)Southern Miss…..why Bama could win: We have a good chance if they are banged up (as they often are by this game. Let's hope they are worse than Bama.
Why bama could lose: By this time, we will likely be suffering from injuries and looking ahead to the viles. Bama could be ripe for an upset this week.

Pick…….Alabama loses by 6

8)Tennesse…..why Bama could win: It's tittisee and if we have any ounce of pride, we will play above ourselves.
Why bama could lose: Injuries are a factor by now…..plus we are playing in Knoxville and they are definitely a deeper team. Our D line may be thinned out by this time allowing the vols to run rampantly on us.

Pick………Tennessee by 24

9)Mississippi State……why Bama could win: We will be embarrassesd by the loss to TN. Hopefully Bama will reach down deep for the Tide Pride.
Why Bama could lose: no SEC game is a lock. They do have some talent and a lot of former Bama coaches that have this game circled from the tme they stepped into Starkville. A new coach WILL have them playing inspired ball, plus I’m sure Croom will have a heckuva desire to show Bama they hired the wrong coach.
Pick……..Alabama loses by 4

10)LSU…….why Bama could win: Miracles happen!!!
Why Bama could lose: LSU is loaded and not letting up.

Pick…..LSU by 21

11) Auburn……why bama could win: It is auburn.
Why bama could lose: Auburn has won 3 of 4 and is clearly the deeper team and at least they have won of these games before on their home turf.
Pick…..Auburn by 7

Final analysis: 3-9 looking hard for more depth and Shula is explaining why does not fire Kines and several offensive coaches.

------------------
"May the Tide Be with You"

mib3fan

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 29, 2001
No one wants to hear it, but we could very easily only win four games next season. Hopefully we'll do better, but as of right now, we need some freshman to step up, the injury bug to stay away, and for the special teams to improve in order for us to win six games or more. Those things could very easily not happen.

Bowens

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 2, 2001
Summerville,Ga
I know I'll get bashed for this one, but I think we lose 3 for sure (UT, LSU, Barn). I also think that there are 3 "too close to call" games (Ark., USC, Ole miss). We could pull at least one upset of the 3 for sure losses and we could very well win all the "too close to call" games.

HighTide333

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2001
Offense better than last year.
Strong running game underutilized?
Defense just as good, with nasty linebacking corps. Must get rest during game.
Kicking atrocious.
Injuries a huge variable with depleted reserves.
CShula's sophomore mistakes fewer than his freshman mistakes.

It'll be sheer joy to have Alabama competing again for the West, and the SEC crown.
I believe that with sanctions over, ban over, and a full year with a stable coaching staff, improvements will be evident all around the ball.
I can't wait!!!

17-0 !!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.