Transfers - Question

RTRinNC

Scout Team
Nov 24, 2000
Shelby, NC
TampaJim, others

Does anyone know Coach Fran's feelings concerning recruiting transfers from other D-1 schools?

Lots of talk recently regarding Brock Berlin's release from UF. I'm sure we have no interest in Berlin....

However, another has come to mind...Arizona State QB Jeff Krohn, has announced he will tansfer. Krohn has some huge PAC-10 numbers. And, I would bet that Coach Fran, with his southwestern experience, is familiar with him.

Would Bama (in a "normal" recruiting year) be interested in somebody like Krohn?

Thanks.

RTR!!!!

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
I've not heard Krohn's name mentioned in regards to us, but it makes me wonder why he's leaving ASU. Dick Koetter, the coach there, is a pass-happy sort. I doubt we're looking to bring in any transfer quarterbacks, frankly.

Brock Berlin is interesting in that he was very favorable towards Alabama when he was in high school, but we were holding out for Brodie Croyle. It will be interesting to see if we pursued him, or more importantly, if Spurrier would release Berlin for a UA transfer. I seriously doubt either would happen.

------------------
Jess Nicholas
Editor-In-Chief
TideFans.com

RTRinNC

Scout Team
Nov 24, 2000
Shelby, NC
Thanks much Jess.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time Bama took a transfer from another school. But, I'm sure there are good reasons for that.

RTR!!!

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
We took Shaud Williams (running back, Texas Tech) this year, and were set to take Brad West (DL) from LSU but he opted for Jacksonville State to play immediately. In the recent past, we have taken Michael James (WR) from West Alabama and Rondi Gibson (RB/WR) from Auburn.

Jess

Redbull

Dec 10, 2000
Decatur, Alabama, US
According to a UF article SOS said that Berlin could go anywhere even the SEC and he would not stop him...."Brock needs to play,he doesn't need to sit behind Rex for two more years" Also, understand Brock may be interested in a lower division

RTRinNC

Scout Team
Nov 24, 2000
Shelby, NC
Thanks Jess. I was thinking more in terms of QB's and I suppose they may be less likely to go from D-1 school to D-1 school.

RTR!!!

PS - Thanks too for your nice reply to my email.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.