Recruiting Update 1/4

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
I am not threatening to kick anyone, but Tidefans.com does not care to have posters post rumors or stories with "credible" sources, etc. We have had our fair share of rumors over the past 4 years and the site is trying to cut down on them. Everyone knows someone. Usually it is someone that doesn't know squat.

Patriot may indeed have a good source and would be welcomed to offer his opinions and knowledge that he can share with everyone else. What Tidefans does not care for are statements being made that so and so played football and talks with so and so, "so don't question me". I find that to be a little arrogant and to come on this board with fairly no posts and to make such statements only fuels arguments. You have to earn trust on this board.

The issue with knowing Shula would change his mind about letting JPW play baseball is absurd. To say you know what a coach is going to do sounds more and more like an armchair quarterback, someone who always second guessing the team.

My job is to bring facts and insight to this board and to promote "positive" discussions about Alabama recruiting AND to keep everyone clean and polite to other posters. Not saying Patriot violated that either.

Patriot if you would like to email me so we can collaborate I would welcome that. Anything I can do to make this a better forum is most desired.

Here's hoping to receiving good news from Caldwell and McCall soon!

Have a good day!

------------------
"Through this adversity, we will move forward and become stronger than ever." Mal Moore

bnhonest

All-SEC
May 28, 2003
Vestavia Hills, Al, USA
And Tide, you do an outstanding job!! And I appreciate the job you do. It seemed like you and patriot were getting into a peeing contest regarding manson, which I thought to be a little silly. Your post in response seemed to tie everything back in to the purpose of the board, which I agree with.

As far as "sources" are concerned. We are not talking about coaching changes, or which coach slept with who. In this forum, we are talking about prospective athletes, and what their attitudes are towards playing football for Alabama. So if I play golf with JPW's uncle, and he tells me about Shula's visit, then I think that would be relevant. If a guy has a sibling who plays football with, or sits next to Marcus Manson in english, and Manson tells how great Florida is and how swell Zook treats him, call me crazy, but I would think that would be relevant, too. I dont know what Patriot's sources are, but I know that you can email him, and if he really knows somebody worth listening to, then we would all like to know what he knows.

Thats just my .02$. Once again, I appreciate all you do in keeping us informed, and I look foward to your next update!!

------------------
"Old Mexico...that sounds like the test of all test if you ask me....I'm in!"

tideomega

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2002
Birmingham Al.
Hey Tide, I'm not putting down patriot. See the thing is you spend more time and a lot more studying of what you put on the board and if Manson is so good at his position he should not have to worry about coming in and making an early impact,looks like to me that he doesn't think he is good enough to get the playing time that "He" thinks he should get. I'm aging myself, but could he be another Lenny Patrick. Some no alot of those BlueChippers just don't pan out.Please, don't get me wrong.....I hope if he comes and plays for the Tide he pans out his first year....

ROLL TIDE TO ALL ON THE BAMA NATION WEBSITE.

TC.......

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
Omega,
I guess there are three types of recruits, those who excel at competition and aren't afraid of it, those who are afraid of it and shy away, and those who don't care and will fill any other void if they lose out in their position. We need the 1st and last type of players. I don't think Manson is afraid of competition.

The statement "He will go where he will make the biggest impact" was made earlier and I dispute that statement. It doesn't make sense. If that were true Manson would be enrolling in a Div 2 team and run all over the opponents. 2nd argument against that is he can make a bigger impact at Alabama because of the little depth at RB. I don't know exactly how many RB's UF has, but I know they have signed 4 good ones in the last 2 years.

Now I know Manson was itching to kind of "get away" from home and was feeling pressure to commit in the fall and pulled the trigger. I am sure Zook told him that he would play. Most schools play that card. UT is using that with every QB they are recruiting this year. I think Manson has finally realized that Bama is at home, he will be playing with former teammates, and depth is low where he can play as a true freshman.

As each day passes the chances get better that he will be wearing Crimson. But who knows just look at the David Brown issue. In recruiting anything can happen.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.