"New-look end zone"

Mussofan22

1st Team
Jun 24, 2002
Huntsville, AL, USA
I like the crimson endzone with white letters, RLtdRL12. Whoever made the joke about a checkerboard endzone may not be too far off base. In the 1960's and 1970's, Legion Field had a green and white checkboard endzone for the Alabama games. I believe that Tennessee probably got the idea for their checkerboard endzones from playing in Legion Field for so many years.

------------------
"Always expect the unexpected" -- Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

WTL

Scout Team
Nov 12, 2003
Huntsville, Al, USA
I like both the old endzones and the new crimson one, heck I even wouldn't mind going back to the original checkerboard just to remind a few certain schools that that was our design first.

But if we are going to the endzones with a base color, wouldn't the "Script A in the circle" look better at mid-field? (I'll try to post the pic)

Miss A

3rd Team
Oct 2, 2002
birmingham via tuscumbia/tuscaloosa
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WTL:
I like both the old endzones and the new crimson one, heck I even wouldn't mind going back to the original checkerboard just to remind a few certain schools that that was our design first.

But if we are going to the endzones with a base color, wouldn't the "Script A in the circle" look better at mid-field? (I'll try to post the pic)

</font>
I like that logo, but I think that a crimson A outlined in white would look really good. And crimson sidelines

------------------
"If someone in Los Angeles asks you and you say 'I played at Alabama,' everyone knows what that means. If you had to say 'I played at Auburn,' that would be about like saying 'I played at Rutgers.' Where the hell is Rutgers?"--Leon Douglas

little miss little miss little miss can't be wrong--spin doctors

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Does anyone else have a problem with the endzone being painted red? Bama's colors are crimson and white. The endzone should be painted crimson, not red.

Miss A

3rd Team
Oct 2, 2002
birmingham via tuscumbia/tuscaloosa
They look pretty crimson to me, but if it makes you feel any better, they're only painting the endzones to see if they like it. Kind of a trial run.

------------------
"If someone in Los Angeles asks you and you say 'I played at Alabama,' everyone knows what that means. If you had to say 'I played at Auburn,' that would be about like saying 'I played at Rutgers.' Where the hell is Rutgers?"--Leon Douglas

little miss little miss little miss can't be wrong--spin doctors

SCrammerjammer

1st Team
Sep 4, 2000
South Carolina
I like the design. More crimson the better. We could also take advantage to color the concrete exposure in our stadium, too....or make our visitors read our national championships in bold and weep.

The A in the circle above is not the right script A. That looks to Arkansas.

Aries

2nd Team
Jul 13, 2001
Mobile, Al
Its about time, the plain white was boring. I would also like to see some crimson on the sidelines where the teams reside, color in red the boundaries where they can roam on the sideline.

The more crimson on the field the better.

Now how about a crimson A outlined in white at centerfield?

bamanut_aj

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2000
Spring Hill, TN
Very cool!

I will say, it looks as though the walls around the field could use a little touch up paint themselves. The rust runs aren't very appealing.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.