Am I the only one who is gonna hate to see him go?

RollTideRandy

3rd Team
Dec 10, 2001
Newnan, GA
I mean Spurrier was a great coach. He brought a lot of prestige to the SEC and beating his teams really meant something. Bama’s two wins against Florida two years ago were two of the biggest wins of the last 5 years. After the Rose Bowl everyone was talking about how “Florida may have been the only team that could have hung with Miami” and Spurrier had a knack for putting the Viles in their place more often than not. I know he said a lot of things people didn’t like, but he brought a lot of good attention to the SEC. He said more than once that Florida had it tougher trying to win a national title than other teams in Florida cause they played in the SEC. I for one will miss him and I think ESPN assumes too much when they say everyone in the SEC is glad to see him go!
http://espn.go.com/ncf/columns/forde_pat/1305836.html

------------------
RollTideRandy
-------------------------
"Miami has great receivers and if you don't believe it, just ask one of them." - Gene Stallings (Dec. 1992)

W. Tidehill

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 17, 2000
Kingsland, Ga USA
Randy, you and I might be the only ones, but I hate to see him go also. I'll miss the entertainment factor he brought by speaking his mind, the hilarious quotes (FSU=free shoes university). College football will be a lot less colorful without the headball coach.

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
I will hate to see him go.The word "Florida" and "Spurrier" has been a thorn in UT fans' sides for a long time. He helped bring prestige to the SEC. I am afraid we are in for a drop off versus other conferences.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.