We don't need or want them ,,,

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
.... if they are trouble makers, potential misfits, and non-team players. It is funny to me, but look what happened at the Viles a few years back with Washington and then no-talent Clausen. It was definitely a case of the inmates running the asylum.

CMS, I believe, is too astute to be able to discern the difference between a supremely confident talent and one that may also be talented but is too arrogant to think beyond himself.

The Tide will roll quite well without Mainard or whomever could be disruptive to the team which has stuck together through absolutely horrific events.

The Tide

1st Team
Nov 14, 1999
Nashville, TN
I think it is unfair to judge Mainord in this since we do not know what happened. I trust Shula made the right decision with whatever happened.

Is Mainord a bad person? There is no way to know.

Tsunami_RTR

1st Team
Jan 10, 2004
Burns, TN, USA
I would prefer that CMS let the recruits know UP FRONT who runs the team then later they won't be trying to do some the things we see from other teams (i.e. Tutorsee, Hawaii, ...) I

------------------
"I don't know, we haven't played Alabama yet." -- Vince Lombardi after being asked what it felt like to be the greatest football team in the world just after winning the '66 Super Bowl

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
We didn't judge Mainord. Coach Shula passed judgement and sent him home rather quickly. Not many people know what happened and those that do aren't talking. One thing we fans do know is that after being sent home from Bama for whatever undisclosed reason Mainord immediatedly committed to USC. That speaks volumes. Most people had read earlier reports about his reported cocky attitude and that he thought that there was an I in team. So I reserve the right to have a bad opinion of him. And I am glad he is a gamecock and not a Crimson Tider.

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
Everytime somebody says "There's no I in team", I think of that guy on the Bud commercial who is talking with that football player. He says, "There's no I in team." And Leon says, "There ain't no 'we' either."
No relevant point here. Just think that is so dang funny for some reason.

BTW, CHATTBRIT, Wassup Chattanooga man? There's a few of us Bama Fans here in Hamilton County. Maybe we need to start a support group.

Roll Tide!!
Recruits, you are coming to the right place!
ChattTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.