God, I hope nobody transfers out....

BamaGuRu

This will certainly weed out the boys from the men. We are gonna find out within the next month who will transfer out or who will stay. Will all of these new recruits be red-shirted if they are not an academic casualty?

I seem to recall that until the appeal is done, the special rules about transferring do not apply. Since this could take until August, I don't see anyone transferring.

I also would be willing to bet that Coach Fran has already had many discussions with the players about why they should stick around. I'm sure he has made some convincing arguments.

Keep the faith!

RTRinNC

Scout Team
Nov 24, 2000
Shelby, NC
I think that Bama juniors and seniors can transfer during the appeal process. Freshmen and sophs would be subject to the one year "sit-out", if the they went to a non SEC school. Of course, I defer to anyone with better info.

Practically speaking, I just don't see any real danger of tranfers. But, can certainly expect that some other schools will come "sniffing". That's just the nature of college football.

RTR!!!

BamaGuRu

What does Coach Fran do with the new recruits this year , Red shirt them or get them ready to play ? Looking down the road to who we play while the sanctions start to hit us hard I see the Penn St . & Notre Dame series . I say he prepares for the future with these new players and just take the hit this year and the next by getting these players some PT . No need to hold out with these new players , would hate to limp into these two series inexperienced .

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.