Possible scholarship for kicker in next year's class?

Alabama Football

Suspended
May 9, 2003
Alabaster, AL USA
The Tide, I hope your right! It's such a weapon to have a guy that can consistently kick it through the endzone, and make it from 50 yards and in. Sounds like Andrew might be the guy!!! ROLL TIDE

[This message has been edited by Alabama Football (edited 02-20-2004).]

Dr. Know

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
Orange Tx via Lower Ala.
What high school is Friedman from? I know Baker HS has a hell of a kicker. Either a JR or Sr in 04. Dropped a 49 yarder on us with time running out in a JV game. Murphy High has a great kicker too.

i

bama#11

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 19, 2003
Tuscaloosa, AL
The high school kicking game is much different than college. Less than a third of highly touted high school kickers turn out to be good kickers in college. It's a guessing-game when it comes to kickers, but its worth a guess with 25 scholarships.

ttownfan

Oct 15, 2003
Fairhope Alabama
This kid practices off the ground and plays from a 1" block. His kick offs are generally 8 to 9 yards deep in the endzone and high. The transition shouldn't be too tough

bamagirlinfl

Jan 14, 2004
Pensacola, Fl. US
al.com
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ttownfan:
This kid practices off the ground and plays from a 1" block. His kick offs are generally 8 to 9 yards deep in the endzone and high. The transition shouldn't be too tough</font>
Does anyone know if the kicker from Tate High School in Pensacola, Fl was recruited this year. He made some 50 field goals.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I never have understood why kickers are asked to walk on when many times they are the difference between a win and a loss. When we are back to 25 it may be worth using one on an exceptional kicker like this kid from Mobile

bama#11

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 19, 2003
Tuscaloosa, AL
The transition is NOT an easy one....anyone that says so is not very smart. Kicking in front of 100 fans who are just at the game for fun...doesn't put pressure on a kicker...in college with 100,000 fans cheering....and missing a kick could decide whether or not u kick next game or forever..and could ruin your career. If you miss a kick..will 50,000 look down upon you for "losing" the game. Thats a big psychological challenge. Thats why most high school kickers who are "great" don't become great college kickers.

ttownfan

Oct 15, 2003
Fairhope Alabama
The same can holds true for a quarterback,a receiver, a punter, or any other position. My point was that the transition from a 1" tee to the ground is not that difficult and there is no kick off transition.If he can kick it 10 yards deep in high school that is 5 deep in college. Also, I don't know many Alabama high school teams that only turn out 100 fans on a Friday night.

Root4Bama

1st Team
Aug 8, 2003
BAMA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by bama#11:
The transition is NOT an easy one....anyone that says so is not very smart. Kicking in front of 100 fans who are just at the game for fun...doesn't put pressure on a kicker...in college with 100,000 fans cheering....and missing a kick could decide whether or not u kick next game or forever..and could ruin your career. If you miss a kick..will 50,000 look down upon you for "losing" the game. Thats a big psychological challenge. Thats why most high school kickers who are "great" don't become great college kickers. </font>
Where did you go to High School? 100 Fans??
Alabama High School Football is something the whole town turns out for.
JEEZ!

------------------
"There is always tomorrow, and tomorrow is the first day of the rest of our lives." Coach Bryant

[This message has been edited by Root4Bama (edited 02-25-2004).]

Root4Bama

1st Team
Aug 8, 2003
BAMA
I hope we can get this kid. Maybe he'll turn out to be a winner!

[This message has been edited by Root4Bama (edited 02-25-2004).]

tideroutsider

Feb 23, 2004
Bama#11 don't be so quick to call others stupid. All great HS kickers are not great in college, but I assure you that all great college kickers were great in HS. You are way too negative. I've seen Friedman play. He could have kicked off for us LAST YEAR as a junior. We have NO ONE who can KO as deep with good hang time. Why do you think they are writing about him this early?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.