I love College Football Reason #13

BamaThunder

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 8, 2001
Mobile, AL
If they strike again, I will never watch another baseball game as long as I live, I won't buy anything that is endorsed by the MLBPA.

The last time they went on strike was bad enough. I just recently have gotten back into baseball, probably because I have a fantasy team.

There is no reason to do this again. They all make more money than 90% of us will ever make. The minimum rookie salary is over $120,000. Why are they complaining. Why can't the MLBPA just admit that there as to be a salary cap, revenue sharing and drug testing. The lead negotiator for the MLBPA, Fahr, seems to not even conduct good faith negotiations.

As for Selig, I think he's ruined baseball. Threatening to contract was a bad tactic. That made the MLBPA even more defensive. Selig doesn't even care about is own team, the Brewers. His daughter runs it now because he's the commissioner, but they make no effort to improve the team.

Anyway, sorry for the baseball tirade. I know this is a football board. I apologize.

ROLL TIDE, bring on the Blue Raiders, get football season started.

Tennessee

All-American
Jun 7, 2002
Knoxville, TN
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BamaThunder:
If they strike again, I will never watch another baseball game as long as I live, I won't buy anything that is endorsed by the MLBPA.
</font>
I completely agree. I am a Cubs fan, so Ive obvioulsy been waiting since i became a fan for them to go to the WS. But if these guys strike again, I will not watch again,even if its the Cubs/Red Sox in the WS. I say fire every major leaguer, and bring up the guys from the minors. Minor league games are great to watch. if you have never been to one, I recommed it.

------------------
Give Him Six!!
--John Ward

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tennessee:

I completely agree. I am a Cubs fan, so Ive obvioulsy been waiting since i became a fan for them to go to the WS. But if these guys strike again, I will not watch again,even if its the Cubs/Red Sox in the WS. I say fire every major leaguer, and bring up the guys from the minors. Minor league games are great to watch. if you have never been to one, I recommed it.

</font>
Well, Tennessee, I have been to a Birmingham Barons game in '94(the year of Michael Jordan), and it was the best time I have ever had at a baseball game. This is where my money will be going if there is another players strike, Minor League Baseball!! I have a team that plays just a hop-skip-and-a-jump from where I live(Cook County Cheetahs).
I guess I'll be frequenting them, and this coming from a Braves fan in Cubs/Sox country.

Hank Jr. asks, Are You Ready for some Football?

------------------
Bama fan first, UT fan second, anything else would be uncivilized!!

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Tennessee, Ever since Kevin Garnett at 19 or 20 said he was insulted by the Timberwolves 100 million dollar offer and Minnesota caved in, I knew pro sports has crossed the threshold of sanity. I agree, scrap em all and start over with fresh talent with reasonable ticket prices, parking, concessions, fan gear and most of all...players salaries. Never happen though, it's too logical.

It took four years for MLB to recover from the last strike. It took thousands of hours of time and commerical appeal money to get the people back in the seats. Go ahead fellows go on strike.

I have not been to MLB game since the last strike. In the day baseball was my second favorite sport. It will never come close again. I will stick with BAMA Football and Baseball and Basketball and on and on. If the colleges ever go on strike I will stop sports all together. I am tired of the me me me knotheads.

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Just think, Ted Williams wouldn't accept his full salary for his last year in baseball. He said his previous season didn't justify it. Try to think of any of today's players who would do that?

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.
I'm sure that MLB fans won't share my opinion but I really don't care if they strike. I think MLB is the ultimate bore! YAWN! You have a pitch. Then the batter steps away from the plate. He adjusts his helmet, spits about 10 times, kicks around in the dirt for a while, scratches his privates, and then takes about 20 practice swings. Now we're ready for another pitch. YAWN! I do like baseball in general and I wish the A's all the luck in the world because they were my team when I was a kid. But since I've gotten older, I just can't watch MLB on tv. It just moves too slow for me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.