What do you think about the Quick Kick

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Lance Tucker did indeed execute a perfect quick kick during the Houston game one year in BDS. He pinned them inside the 5 yard line with it.

Maybe CMS should have tried it with our red zone problems. It certainly would not have hurt to try it.

If we had had been willing to use it against Auburn we probably would not have given up 11 sacks. You never we probably could have played defense and kept backing them up with the quick kick that we could have changed field position.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Pretty accurate, so far as I can remember. I know that O'Steen QKed over and over. I remember also that Duff Morrison had a really good game and Bobby Jackson did also. Final - 12-0, for Homecoming...

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I think Richard Todd quick-kicked occasionally. Not sure about the QK part, but I distinctly remember him being the short punter, and I know we used the threat.

Todd would line up in the wishbone at QB. Then we'd shift to a short punt formation, sometimes to run a play out of it, other times to draw the defense offside, and I think we quick-kicked occasionally.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I think Richard Todd quick-kicked occasionally. Not sure about the QK part, but I distinctly remember him being the short punter, and I know we used the threat.

Todd would line up in the wishbone at QB. Then we'd shift to a short punt formation, sometimes to run a play out of it, other times to draw the defense offside, and I think we quick-kicked occasionally.
coach bryant liked the QB to be the short punter in the wishbone.

BAMA1979

All-American
Nov 15, 2006
Mobile
The last quick kick I can recall seeing was by Randall Cunningham.
Randall Cunningham once quick kicked the ball 91 yards on that old turf at The Meadowlands. It's still the third or fourth longest kick in NFL history. John Elway also used the quick kick from time to time.

bamaslaw

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
What I want is a kicker who can do onside kickoffs rugby-style.

If someone could do that, a team with a great defense could change the way games are played.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.