If Texas knocks off Arizona this week, we will be #1!!!

cowtown tider

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 10, 2002
Fort Worth, TX USA
Imagine that! Texas is solid too. They have a very good chance of winning that game.

Of course this all hinges on us winning. I just hope that our players don't start believing the headlines like they did last year.

RTR!!!

ghetto country

BamaNation Citizen
May 28, 2002
Tuscaloosa via Valley, AL
The biggest thing that worries me about being ranked so high, is the first time we lose, the over-rated cheer will be so loud and we will have to watch the other team storm the floor (this, of course, hinges on the assumption that our first loss will be on the road...after all, Coleman is OUR HOUSE). I also hope to at least see our basketball team ranked #1 at least for one week...but I wouldn't mind being #1 all the way into April.

1LoudTideFan

1st Team
Apr 18, 2001
Pensacola, ALABAMA
Roll Tide, i hope mal has a contract extension in the works for Gottfried. IMO, CMG is the best coach in the SEC right now. Just look what he has done the last two years. Give him a raise!

PsychoJoe

Suspended
Jul 5, 2002
Pelham, Alabama
It would be great to hit the #1 spot, but to me how we play in February and March is more important. I'm glad we have a tough schedule this year to prepare us for the SEC schedule and for post season play. We have a very good team, but we will lose a few this year. It is a long season, and our schedule is not easy. It is very unlikely that anyone will be undefeated at the end of the year. You who are new fans, don't get down on our team when that first loss comes.

RTR.

TruCrimson

All-SEC
Aug 26, 2002
Selma, AL
Joe you are right. Just think though...B'Ball is different than football, if you lose a few games, you don't drop out of the polls.

So if BAMA is ranked this high now, after a few loses they should be still in the elite group of teams at the end of the year.

[This message has been edited by TruCrimson (edited December 10, 2002).]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.