Wok recipes?

Streyeder

Suspended
Jul 27, 2001
The Cow College
www.myfreakingopinion.com
I have an itch to finally try out my wok. Any good recipes? I already have some peanut oil. :D

Fried rice? whatever is good. Just not too freaky on me. I'm a guy who only orders Sweet & Sour chicken w/o the sauce and fried rice when I eat out. lol (Lo Mein is good too)

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Sweet & Sour Sauce

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
1 cup pineapple tidbits
2 tablespoons corn starch
1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1/2 onion chopped
1 tablespoon Catsup
1 cup water divided
Mix sugar pineapple & juice,1/2 cup water & salt in sauce pan.simmer 5 minutes.Add remaining ingredients except reserved water & cornstarch.Simmer 5 minutes more.Add cornstarch & 1/2 cup water, heat until thick.

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL
Lemon Pepper Chicken

2 teaspoons olive oil
1/3 cup minced onion
1 clove garlic minced
1 1/2 cups applesauce
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon poppy seed
1 lemon both peel and juice
apple juice or water
4 chicken breasts,boned and skinned

heat oil in a medium saucepan.add onion and garlic.saute five minutes or until soft.reduce heat and add applesauce,stir well.add seasonings.simmer uncovered 20 minutes,stirring occaisionaly.if mixture is too thick add a few tablespoons of apple juice or water.grill chicken seven minutes over hot coals.brush with barbecue sauce.cook 5 minutes.turn meat and baste again,cook five more minutes.chicken should be cooked through but not dry.remove from grill,cut at an angle into slices.fan slices on a plate and serve with additional sauce.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
This is not so much a recipe but some suggestions for making stir fry. I make stir fry 3-4 times per month. It is a great way to use up a few of those left overs in the fridge. I keep a bottle of Lawry's Stir Fry Seasoning handy in the pantry. I like the Sesame Ginger the best but they also make Lemon basil, Herb & Roasted Garlic, and Sweet and Spicy. I find the Sesame Ginger and Sweet and Spicy works with everything from Beef, pork, chicken, shrimp, while the rest are mostly just good with veggies, chicken and shrimp. This is too easy.

Veggies: the trick is to cut everything in similar size pieces so they cook at the same rate.
Onion, eggplant, squashes, mushrooms, green beans, broccoli, cauliflower, bok choi, nappa cabbage, cabbage, raddish, lettuce, bean sprouts, soy beans, pineapple, mango, peaches, apple, star fruit, asian pear, carrots, celery, bamboo shoots, water chestnuts, snow peas, baby corn, and peppers.
Use what you want the only veggie on the list that needs to be added late is lettuce which cooks really fast. You can add things like fresh ginger, red pepper flakes, toasted sesame seeds, and nuts to add a little kick or crunch.

Cut beef, pork, and chicken into bite size pieces or strips, leave shrimp whole, and cook them first then remove from the wok and cook the veggies. When the veggies are close to done (about 4-6 min) add the meat back in and pour on the Lawry's Stir Fry Seasoning and stir to coat. Serve over rice.

Don't be afraid to experiment and make YOUR stir fry. It is a very healthy and satisfying meal and it takes so little time to prepair. Chop, chop, stir, stir, eat. :D

Reactions: Streyeder

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.