Uh, I'll take this one ...

MUSSO

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 9, 2001
Tallahassee, FL

I'll also take DT M. Hill or another top quality DT since we loose 4 of our top 6 DTs this year (King, Johnson, Sanders, Raulston). With limited schollies and DE depth becoming an issue, i'd keep Clark at DT but move Tatum over to DE since he has the ideal agility and height for DE. That way, we'll have Childress and Bryant as 1st teamers next year with Clark, A. Grace, D. Lee (pictured above), and one more DT. So we'll be 6 deep again next year. For DEs, we'll have McKay-Loescher, Odom, Bates, Tatum, and Harris. Hopefully, Browder will rejoin our squad to make us 6 deep at end as well!

So 2 DTs leave 4 more schollies available for this recruting class, assuming no relief is given to us by the NCAA. I'll take two top flight WRs (Jackson, Caddell??), one great LB (Mitchell Jones, Daniel Brooks, or Terrance Jones???), and one more recruit that is either a LB, S, or Ath. Waldrop, Roach, Luke all fit these categories. Or give me another Swain or similar WR who can come in and contribute as a freshman as the final recruit.

Any comments????

[This message has been edited by MUSSO (edited August 27, 2002).]

MUSSO

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 9, 2001
Tallahassee, FL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ROLLER:
Believe we need the same amount of help at receiver that we need at DT.

</font>

i agree ROLLER! it is very difficult to say which position is more critical because our numbers will be EXTREMELY low in both areas next season!

BamaSully

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
Jackson, TN
Actually our numbers at receiver look really good for next year. I think we will have about 5 senior receivers! But your point is still very valid. RIGHT NOW is exactly when we need to pick up some big time recruits so they can redshirt while we have all those seniors and be ready to step-in in 2004.

The WRs who will be seniors in 2003:
Carter
Fulgham
Fletcher
Luke
and there's one more. I'm not gonna bother looking at a depth chart right now, but someone who is currently listed as third team is a junior, so he'll be a senior back-up next season.

Croyle's gonna have a field day next season!

-Sully

BamaKam

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando, FL
We are in the driver's seat for Lee. He will be in the rotation as soon as he arrives on campus, a real stud. I expect Grace and Hill to sign and redshirt. Atlas Herrion could still play DT next year too along with Jeremy Clark, and a bulked up Taylor Britt behind Childress and Bryant.

Musso, you finally agree with me that Tatum is a DE (g)? Clark can also flip flop positions and play certain situations at DE like Kenny King does at times.

Sean Merrill has committed to Ole Miss, I hear it's pretty firm.

I don't think Browder is gonna make it, but I do think that commit Mario Lane will start at DE, he will probably redshirt, but has the tools to be a poor man's Antwan Odom (about the same size, not as strong or fast though).

Musso and I have argued that we need receivers desperately this year. We have Chambers committed and stand a good chance with all 3 of the trinity, we should sign at least 2. So, 3 receivers and 3 DT's in this class would be a good haul.

We will need QB's, DE's and OT's big time in next year's class.

Sully, you are right about next year's WR's, we should be well stocked even without the signees, but the dropoff after '03 will be HUGE! We need to get at least 3 new WR's on campus next year to coach them up for '04. And we really need Marcus McKnight (from the '02 class) to be at least a good SEC receiver.

MUSSO

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 9, 2001
Tallahassee, FL
BamaKam,

well, i don't recall ever disctinctly asserting Tatum's unalterable destination at DT. i am almost certain however that he was recruited for DT, but in light of subsequent events, namely our likely success in recruiting quality DTs and our apparent lack of emphasis on DEs, it seems likely that he will be moved to DE. from what i recall of is prep days, he seems to have the quickness, footwork, and agility needed for DE.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.