Final Four Schollies

MUSSO

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 9, 2001
Tallahassee, FL
Give me:

> 2 super WRs (Jackson, Swain, Caddell, etc.)

> and any two of the following (LB Daniel Brooks, LB Mitchell Thomas, S/WR William Roach)

we need a MLB like Brooks to be able to contribute early because Pope will graduate after next season leaving only Roach. We will also need a OLB or two because both Wortham and Daniels will leave with Pope.

we also need a couple of safeties because we lose two safties this year - we already have Parrish and getting another athletic and versitile athlete like Roach would fit nicely!

any thoughts/feedback?

BamaKam

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando, FL
I agree, but remember that we will be oversigning. My list:

15. William Roach (S)
16. Matt Caddell (WR)
17. Jayson Swain (WR)
18. Chad Jackson (WR)(yes all three!)
19. Daniel Brooks (MLB)
20. Mitchell Thomas (SLB)
21. Tyrone Protho (WR) or Terrance Jones (Rover) both if we miss on Brooks

MUSSO

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 9, 2001
Tallahassee, FL
just curious, what does a coach do when he oversigns and more prospects qualify than can be signed???? sounds like a crappy situation!

CrimsonBloodn62

1st Team
Feb 1, 2002
Tuscumbia, AL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MUSSO:
just curious, what does a coach do when he oversigns and more prospects qualify than can be signed???? sounds like a crappy situation!</font>
If I had to guess, I would say that somebody's parents agreed to pay their sons way in to college if that happens.

------------------
Roll Tide!
CrimsonBloodn62

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
1. Chad Jackson (WR)
2. Jayson Swain (WR)
3. Matt Caddell (WR)
One, two or all three of the above. Then what is left over get the following in the ranked order.
1. Daniel Brooks (MLB) (UT lean)
The above would be my 4 choices and then the below picks in order
2. William Roach (S) (UT lean)
3. Mitchell Thomas (SLB)
4. Terrance Jones (Rover)
5. Demarcus Waldrop (S/Rover)
6. Anyone else that the coaches offer (g)
Of course you over sign by a few just in case of unforseen academic difficulties.

[This message has been edited by Crimson Surfer (edited October 23, 2002).]

BamaKam

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando, FL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MUSSO:
just curious, what does a coach do when he oversigns and more prospects qualify than can be signed???? sounds like a crappy situation!</font>
Fran is very honest with the players. There are some kids that have been told that if everyone qualifies that they will be able to enroll in Jan and count towards next year's numbers. Greg "Moose" McClain was one such player last year. However, more kids than we thought were unable to qualify (we didn't know about Nance/Browder until just before Fall) and McClain was able to report in Aug. And thank goodness by the way! He's been a saviour at FB.

Also, the staff has a MUCH better idea of who stands where academically than we do and they plan accordingly. The big fear is not having enough kids eligible as opposed to too many (we gave scholly's to Marcus McKnight who would have walked on and to Taylor Britt, Xfer from UAB out of last year's allotment).

I think TSDTR signed over 30 kids one year and still didn't finish with the full 25!

[This message has been edited by BamaKam (edited October 23, 2002).]

Has everyone forgotten about Ken Hollis, and Sims Kemp? Hollis, a linebacker is the top JC recruit in the nation, and Kemp is JCs top TE. Both list Bama as their favorites. this is my list of what i want
1.Jayson Swain (probably)
2.Antonio Cromartie (good chance acccording to bamaonline.com
3. Ken Hollis (looks good)
4. Matt Caddell or Chad Jackson

t-towntimmy

Oct 22, 2002
Tuscaloosa, Al
Hey guys, new poster here. I have been a longtime reader and love the boards. As for the recruiting, my wish-list is as follows:
15.Chad Jackson
16.Jayson Swain
17.Matt Caddell
18.William Roach
19.Daniel Brooks
20.Mitchell Thomas
21.Kelcey Luke
Fran has done an amazing job recruiting so far this year under the circumstances, and in the end I think we will sign four or five of the above listed. In my opinion I think we will land at least two of the three stud receivers, William Roach, and Mitchell Thomas. I think we are working from the outside in with Brooks and Luke, but recruiting is a tricky game, so you never know. I hope we sign 20-21 players as a buffer for academic casualties. I look forward to discussions with all of you in the future. Rol Tide!!!

BamaKam

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando, FL
I seriously doubt that we sign any JUCO's this year; there are too many excellent HS prospects that we are in with to consider 2 year players IMO.

Kelcey Luke really wants to play QB. Our staff is honest with kids and tells them where they actually will play at Bama, unlike some of our rivals that will tell a kid anything to get them to sign. Bama has told Kelcey all along that they want him as an "athlete" and Will Roach as a S instead of WR. Kelcey has big time skills as a WR/DB and "good" skills as a QB according to many experts. I expect he will go to TSDTR or GA Tech.

UT has told Roach that he will play WR at UT. He has good WR skills but NFL SS skills. Beware what Fullmer tells kids though. UT got the top kid in Alabama to commit last year (Jason Allen of Muscle Shoals)..He wanted to play WR, he is currently listed as a DB...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.