Has Kenny Smith's family dropped the suit against Fulmer?

tide69

3rd Team
Oct 27, 1999
A UT guy I know told me that this was the case.I don't know whether to believe him or not.I haven't heard or read anything about it except from him.Hope it's not true.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Nothing has been said beyond them considering whether to go the appeal route for the 'lack of jurisdiction' decision, to file suit in Tennessee, or to drop the case altogether.

Personally, I'd like to see them pursue it. If such a thing was said about my mother, I'd be tempted to do more than sue....

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I believe Gallion has said that they have a couple of lawyers in Tennessee who would file the case for them. At the same time I heard this he also said Fullmer would be subpoenaed. It may not have been filed yet but I am 99.9% sure it will be in the near future.

Queasy1

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2003
Atlanta, GA
Ahhhhh. I heard Gallion say he still wanted to subpoena Fulmer but didn't hear about the Tennessee lawyers.

Thanks for the info.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV
Smiths will sue Fulmer in Tennessee

Former player Kenny Smith and his parents have decided they will re-file a lawsuit against Tennessee football coach Phillip Fulmer and others in Tennessee, attorney Thomas Gallion said Thursday.

Meanwhile, Georgia car salesman James F. Johnson, whom the NCAA claimed provided an improper benefit to a University of Alabama player, plans to demand an apology from the NCAA and the lifting of his disassociation as a UA booster.

BamaZone

1st Team
May 22, 2003
montgomery al
Tide69:: Has Kenny Smith's family dropped the suit against Fulmer?
A UT guy I know told me that this was the case.
Tide69, tell your friend that the lawsuit was refiled today (Friday August 6) in Tennrcee... this should be you a lot of chances to talk discuss Phat Phil

BamaZone

1st Team
May 22, 2003
montgomery al
Tide69:: Has Kenny Smith's family dropped the suit against Fulmer?
A UT guy I know told me that this was the case.
Tide69, tell your friend that the lawsuit was refiled today (Friday August 6) in Tennrcee... this should give you a lot of chances to discuss Phat Phil

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.