Kelcy Luke names leader... not us

Screw Kelcy Luke he is just a three star anyway his leader is auburn. We should focus on Swain, Cromartie, Jackson, Caddell, etc. The top recruit to get i think is Swain, then Cromartie and then LB Daniel Brooks. We are also definetly gonna lose Aaron Sears. Put John Mahaffey in the class instead. Meachem could also help.I think we should get Jai Miller any comments?

BamaKam

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando, FL
I think that we have several players that favor Bama rated higher than Kelcey right now. He wants to play QB and frankly QB is down our list right now as for needs.

I think that we sign 3 or 4 more WR's out of Caddell, Swain, Jackson, Cromartie, Meachum and Jai Miller and Tyrone Protho

We will have some sign and place kids, so 21 or so total signees with some combo of the below finishing the list:

William Roach (S)
Mitchell Thomas (LB)
Daniel Brooks (maybe)(MLB)
John Mahaffey (OT) is still a possiblilty but doubtful

I would be VERY happy with this class!

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
I've played baseball and basketball with Jai Miller and against him in football. He is an INCREDIBLE athlete. He has said he would like to walk on to the bball program wherever he goes to play football. I think out of Cromartie, Jackson, Swain, and Caddell we have the best shot and Swain, but I sure as heck wouldn't mind signing Jackson and or Cromartie too. I also think Daniel Brooks will be an absolute stud. Willy Roach has the possibility too. RTR

cowtown tider

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 10, 2002
Fort Worth, TX USA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by crimsonhead:
Screw Kelcy Luke he is just a three star anyway his leader is auburn.</font>
Not good form at all. You don't know Luke's situation at all. There is also nothing wrong with being a 3 star athlete, or a 2 or a 1. These ratings are an inexact science. Andre Wadsworth was a walk on at FSU because he was too small.

I hope he does well wherever he ends up.

------------------
"The stadium is much larger now and I’m sure it will be the loudest we’ve experienced. It’s time to attach the silencer." -- Dennis Franchione refering to Jordan-Hare Stadium the night before his first Iron Bowl in 2001. Final score: Alabama 31 tsdtr 7.

ROLLER

Banned
Mar 3, 2002
Winnersville, AL, USA
Forget Mahaffey. We got some bodies and some good in-state guys. I think Luke knows the deal at Bama. He knows our situo at quarterback and he will make his decision based on that. He could wind up a receiver or maybe safety if we can't pick up Roach(who doesn't have Bama #1 either). I thought we were fine at linebacker with Nance, Garth, King, Ryans, and Anderson in the fold. Oh yeah and Freddie Roach.

[This message has been edited by ROLLER (edited October 26, 2002).]

ROLLER

Banned
Mar 3, 2002
Winnersville, AL, USA
We definitely have enough LBs. We need some recievers I'll admit. My favorites are Caddell, Meachum, and Swain. I'm not much on Jackson due to the low interest that has been reported. Just maybe he's pulling a little trickeration. I think we must get some big physical safeties also. Expecially if Garth is staying at LB.

The o-line should be designated to guys we believe can produce and early since Smiley and Britt can very well leave next season. I dont believe they will, but it is a possibility. Let's focus on in-state guys and the states Georgia and Mississippi seems loaded with linemen.

Don't forget maybe one tight end that may specialize in either blocking or receiving.

BamaKam

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando, FL
Mario Lane is listed as a DE and TE. He's about 6'5" 250 or so now with LOOONNG arms. He could be an Odom type DE IMO but a lot of people are projecting him at TE. We return at TE next year with their class next year:

Clarke (Sr)
Johnston (so)
Cavan (jr)

but I think we keep the W and cross train the FB's and TE's for depth. Leron and Moose McClain along w/ Juke King (switched from LB) will give us good depth. I hope that Nic Luke bulks up and can play there at 230+ lbs.

Roach and Parrish are our S prospects, if Roach comes that is. I think the UT game helps us immensely. Roach is about 6'1" 195 now and looks to be able to carry 210 easily and is a hard hitter, a smaller, faster version of his brother Freddie. Parrish is a physical speciman but some are not high on him. He is 6'1" 185 and has run a 4.47 forty; he has the measurables!

We still need a MLB because Pope leaves after next year and that leaves Freddie Roach as the ONLY MLB on the roster. D. Brooks would be wonderful but I believe that M. Thomas could bulk up and play there; I hope we get both.

It looks like we get Caddell, Swain and 1 more out of Jackson, Meachum, Jai Miller and Cromartie. A good haul whoever we get.

We have 2 good OL prospects in Moon and West, both prototypes for Coach Helduser's lines. I seriously doubt that any of our OL leave early because it is rare that early entry OL get drafted very high, the BIG money will not be there for them and they want to play in a bowl game, which they will be able to do in '04. I think our depth is very good at OL for next year and we sign 3 or 4 OL next year.

ROLLER

Banned
Mar 3, 2002
Winnersville, AL, USA
True about MLB, but you gotta admit that Ryans or King could wind up in the middle. Look what Saleem did. I just think a couple of the LB guys are long shots and we can pick up in other areas like wr or dt.

BamaKam

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando, FL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ROLLER:
True about MLB, but you gotta admit that Ryans or King could wind up in the middle. Look what Saleem did. I just think a couple of the LB guys are long shots and we can pick up in other areas like wr or dt. </font>
You are right about that, Ryans could carry more weight and play MLB, as could Greg McClain in the future if he is moved; I don't know enough about King to say anything but he is supposed to be an athlete. I don't think that Brooks and Thomas are longshots though. But it is refreshing to know that none of the current candidates for our last few spots are "must haves." If we miss on EVERY WR then we are in trouble but I feel that we sign 3 more.

MUSSO

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 9, 2001
Tallahassee, FL
King has been moved to fullback according to a recent article online

------------------
One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.
--Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy

Outlaw

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 14, 2001
Boston,Ma
In a article dated Oct 29, Kelcy Luke now has us co-leaders. This is why it is not wise to emotionally react to the whims of 18 year olds. Seriously, relax, pick your favorites, your must haves, and whatever else, but don't lose sight these are 18 year old kids.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.