National Treasure 2

Toss Sweep

1st Team
Nov 11, 2006
Is the "President's Book of Secrets" an actual rumor/tale to exist. Or is it something the writers dreamed up?

Jack Bourbon

Hall of Fame
Aug 3, 2001
Miami FL
I'm sure presidents have access to all kinds of crazy covert classified info, but I sincerely doubt that it's all packaged into a cute little journal.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
more importantly, why did they cast Nicholas Cage? For that matter, why does ANYONE cast Nicholas Cage?
because his uncle is about the biggest director in hollywood. its who you know. thought it was a good entertaining movie even with n cage.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
i just remembered, n cage uncle is francis ford coppola. sp?

Last edited:

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
I enjoyed NT, but NT2 sucked.

NT was fun because of all the clues and globe-trotting. NT2 was much more scaled down.

And the connections were illogical.

Olmec artifacts should be found in central Mexico. (Olmecs predated the Aztecs.) The clues involved the story of a captive taken to a "lost city of gold" in what is now Florida. CSA operatives are trying to find it to fund their war effort. And it's located in South Dakota.

How can Olmec civilization be found in South Dakota via Florida?
How does the Queen of England know about this?
How are CSA sympathizers going to trek up to the Dakotas and back during the war? It's kind of off the beaten track.

NYBamaFan

Suspended
Feb 2, 2002
Blairstown, NJ

NT was fun because of all the clues and globe-trotting. NT2 was much more scaled down.

Olmec artifacts should be found in central Mexico. (Olmecs predated the Aztecs.) The clues involved the story of a captive taken to a "lost city of gold" in what is now Florida. CSA operatives are trying to find it to fund their war effort. And it's located in South Dakota.

How are CSA sympathizers going to trek up to the Dakotas and back during the war? It's kind of off the beaten track.
It is a movie. It is not supposed to be real...

I

It's On A Slab

I like nicholas cage. He has done some great movies.

1. Leaving Las Vegas
2. The rock
3. Face off
4. Con Air (terrible fake southern accent aside)
5. NT 1 and 2 I thought were great.
I agree with JT666. After Leaving Las Vegas, his career has been one junk movie after another. Wildly popular, but pretty insipid for my tastes. I guess with the exception of Adaptation.

I liked him much better in his early career. Raising Arizona, Wild at Heart, .

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
I agree with JT666. After Leaving Las Vegas, his career has been one junk movie after another. Wildly popular, but pretty insipid for my tastes. I guess with the exception of Adaptation.

I thought he did pretty good in "Family Man".

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

Now there's what's right, and there's what's right, and never the twain shall meet.

I couldn't believe that a woman who looked as fertile as the Tennessee River Valley could bear no children, but the doctor explained that her insides were a rocky place, where my seed could find no purchase.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Now there's what's right, and there's what's right, and never the twain shall meet.

I couldn't believe that a woman who looked as fertile as the Tennessee River Valley could bear no children, but the doctor explained that her insides were a rocky place, where my seed could find no purchase.
Raising Arizona is a gold mine of movie quotes. Hilarious!

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins

Yeah, well, I'm still trying to figure out what a Civil War frigate was doing above the Arctic Circle (in the first movie). ;)

The term you're looking for is "verisimilitude". It doesn't have to be a real, it just has to appear to be real. You can give minor tweaks to history and get away with it, but if you go too far off the beaten path, you set off the *** alarms.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.