Did you know that Coach Gottfried's

Tubama

3rd Team
Dec 26, 2000
Huntsville, AL
teams have averaged just over 20 wins per season throughout his entire head-coaching career (8 years).

Not bad!

Tubama

------------------
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">They've got a name for the winners in the world . . .
They call Alabama the Crimson Tide! - Steely Dan</font>

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
I hope you are being sarcastic when you say 20 wps isn't good enough for Alabama basketball. We aren't a basketball school. We never will be, and in all likely hood we will never win a bball nc. That's just the way it is. RTR

Bo

1st Team
Sep 15, 2002
Dixie
www.rolltide.com
No, I don't have a problem with you, or anyone else here for that matter. I consider y'all to be friends actually. I'm just saying, Alabama isn't a basketball school and never will be. We shouldn't have the same expectations for basketball as we do for football. They just aren't the same. Sorry that I came of as an *** to you.

RTR

mikeua69

All-American
Apr 16, 2002
Alabaster, AL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bo:
No, I don't have a problem with you, or anyone else here for that matter. I consider y'all to be friends actually. I'm just saying, Alabama isn't a basketball school and never will be. We shouldn't have the same expectations for basketball as we do for football. They just aren't the same. Sorry that I came of as an *** to you.

RTR
</font>
why shouldn't we have high expectations for the bball team? they were SEC champs last year and return a butt load of talent, yet can't win any this year!! when your football team has been down, and your bball team won the sec champ. last year and was at one time ranked number one this year it makes the sport become pretty big.

BamaBuff24

1st Team
May 2, 2000
FWB, FL USA
We are not a basketball school? I belive we have a winning record against all the SEC schools except Kentucky and maybe Arkansas.
I do not buy that...Look at Wimp, Newton and before them. Yes, we have not won a NCAA title but we sure have sent some players to the next level. I guess we are not a Gymnastics school either. We are winners we do not except anything less. Check out our Men's Tennis team.

TruCrimson

All-SEC
Aug 26, 2002
Selma, AL
20 W's a season would be great. That is 72% per. It would ridiculous to say 20 w's is not great when we only play 26-28 games per year. It would be like the football team avg. 9 wins per year out of 12 games.

------------------
This is Erwin Dudley's world...We just live in it!!

!!!ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.