the players

mannish

Scout Team
Jan 8, 2003
Springville, Alabama
I keep hearing and I was saying the same for awhile about all the talent we have...?

Where is it. We can't hit open shots shooting % is near last (or maybe last) in the SEC. If we have so much talent how come they can't shoot the BB. This is not grade school sports, these guys should know how to shoot. You can blame CMG all you want to but the truth is he recruited over-rated talent. No other explanation, Mo Williams has a horrible shooting percentange.

We have over-rated talent plain and simple.

Ever stop to think about confidence?

It's the coaches job to fire guys up and keep them confident and motivated. Gottfried simply does not do it. The games have a similar pattern game in game out. Slow all game long, and a rally in the final few minutes when the threat of losing becomes more apparent. Even a crappy player can make shots if he's made to believe he can. Mo, Earnest and Terrance are ALL sharp shooters. Lack of confidence and motivation have killed our team this year.

NateDogg

elizabama

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2003
elizabethton,tn.usa
If #1 in the nation before you hit the big sec games, isn't enough to build confidence. Look Oklahoma, Xavier those were big wins at the time and now(look were there at now)we were on A roll. I seen Shelton miss A wide open dunk and wide open shots missed allover the place. This team lost some kind of something but don't blame the Coach! I have seen A hole bunch of missed wide open shots.

------------------
"I don't care what your last coach promised you! were gonna work now!"//
"Can't let'em in!" (George Teague"92")

mikeua69

All-American
Apr 16, 2002
Alabaster, AL
You can't put all the blame on the players. it seems kinda wierd that last year these guys could make any shot, but all of a sudden they can't. like i said before, this team really went sour went T.R. Dunn left.

RTR

[This message has been edited by mikeua69 (edited February 20, 2003).]

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.