James Lang Update

TruCrimson

All-SEC
Aug 26, 2002
Selma, AL
I hope so, Ole Rick P. may have so tricks up his sleeves, but I will say this, CMG is one hell of recruiter.
I hope somebody does have some inside info on Lang.

------------------
This is Erwin Dudley's world...We just live in it!!

!!!ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

CrazyBamaMan

1st Team
Sep 17, 2002
Duluth, GA.
tidefans.com
I do know that he isn't at all ready for pro. He isn't ready physically or mentally. When my team played against him he was slow moving up and down the court. He sweat like a fountain. He 's going to need to get in a lot better shape to make just in college. He isn't lacking in size though. I'm 6'3" and felt extremly short by him. He's also going to need to toughen up. Playing against little cream puffs like our team and others has him playing soft. Well that's it I'm out. Take it easy. RTR

PsychoJoe

Suspended
Jul 5, 2002
Pelham, Alabama
I think his mother has taken charge of the decision making. She wants him to go to college for at least two years. Eligibility will be the big issue, and it could go down to the wire.

RTRinNC

Scout Team
Nov 24, 2000
Shelby, NC
It's been about 10 months since I saw him play. So lots can change. He certainly surprised a lot of folks at the Gibbons, including me.

But, lots of factors with Lang....academics, the NBA, Momma, and so on.

And, CMG can recruit with the best of 'em, including CRP.

But, I do know, the ACC (particulary UNC, Duke, UMD, and WF) have completely backed off of Lang. Reasons? Who knows. That was not true with James, who they, until recently, hoped unto hope, might spend a year or two in college.

Will be fun to watch.

RTR!!!

Rollin In Red

Feb 17, 2003
Well, I have a tad bit of inside info. Since James Lang's family lives in Mobile, I hear stuff from his half-brothers. I play on their church basketball team and it has been said that James Lang, in particular his mother, is leaning towards Bama. Bama would be a heavy favorite except that Alabama's basketball team has no strict curfew. His mother does not like that. It has also been said that Gottfried said that he would impose a curfew if he would attend. His top interest is still Alabama with Kentucky closely following...

elizabama

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2003
elizabethton,tn.usa
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Rollin In Red:
Well, I have a tad bit of inside info. Since James Lang's family lives in Mobile, I hear stuff from his half-brothers. I play on their church basketball team and it has been said that James Lang, in particular his mother, is leaning towards Bama. Bama would be a heavy favorite except that Alabama's basketball team has no strict curfew. His mother does not like that. It has also been said that Gottfried said that he would impose a curfew if he would attend. His top interest is still Alabama with Kentucky closely following...</font>
Maybe he should already have A stricter curfew.

------------------
"I don't care what your last coach promised you! were gonna work now!"//
"Can't let'em in!" (George Teague"92")

[This message has been edited by elizabama (edited February 23, 2003).]

RTRinNC

Scout Team
Nov 24, 2000
Shelby, NC
To add a bit.

I am just not sure Lang is an NBA player from HS. From two perspectives. He is defintiely not a lottery pick in the NBA...nowhere close. With the skills that NBA players have, they would make him look like an idiot...at this point. Yes, I have seen him play in person.

James is a player that needs two years, at least, in college, to develop. For one, he has terrible footwork. And, for a big guy, his hands are not what the NBA wants.

At this point, while some NBA team might take a chance on him coming out, he is not even close to being ready for the league.

And his academics are a whole other story.

RTR!!!

Tider for life

Feb 25, 2003
Atlanta, Ga United States
What about those big guys we have already signed for next year. Will that be a problem in getting Lang? Those others seemed to be more like big forwards, though. What is this about a curfew? There may be problems there and his mother is trying to curtail it. Hope not. It's been awhile since we've had a true center.

PsychoJoe

Suspended
Jul 5, 2002
Pelham, Alabama
What I've been hearing about his academics is that while that looked nearly impossible at the end of the summer, he has made up a lot of ground, and it could come together if he does as well this semester. Has anyone heard anything about his ACT score?

I think that James is way too soft mentally for the NBA. Like a lot of very large kids his age, he is really just too easy going for the rigors of the NBA.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.