Texas Tide

bamabake

Hall of Fame
Jul 25, 2000
waco, tx, USA
Just a quick question..

Earlier in the week you posted that Bush wasnt going to get your vote for some reason. Would you mind telling me what it was ?

A Waco Conservative

TexasTide

All-SEC
Jan 11, 2002
Navasota,Texas,USA
Wasn't me unless you saw my sarcastic reply to "Bush's Resume".

There are a lot of Texas posters especially considering this is a Bama board.

I would prefer someone more conservative and wish Bush would take a tougher stance on some issues but there is certainly no one else running I would vote for.

I wish the primary elections were restructerd in such a way that they were all important though I don't know how that could be done. I wish we could nominate a true conservative instead of a popular conservative. I've heard Gulliani's name mentioned for 2008. Though I think he was a pretty good mayor for NYC I don't want him as President.

bamabake

Hall of Fame
Jul 25, 2000
waco, tx, USA
TexasTide said:
Wasn't me unless you saw my sarcastic reply to "Bush's Resume".

There are a lot of Texas posters especially considering this is a Bama board.

I would prefer someone more conservative and wish Bush would take a tougher stance on some issues but there is certainly no one else running I would vote for.

I wish the primary elections were restructerd in such a way that they were all important though I don't know how that could be done. I wish we could nominate a true conservative instead of a popular conservative. I've heard Gulliani's name mentioned for 2008. Though I think he was a pretty good mayor for NYC I don't want him as President.

I share your thought on Gulliani. He would be better that any democrat but he has baggage that will be explored ( hypocitically of course ) and is too liberal on some social issues for me. You wish for a true conservative will probably never happen again. Men like Ronald Reagan are extremely rare. The others that are true conservatives couldnt survive the media otherwise because they are made out to be extreme. Case in point was yeasterday on the supposedly conservative fox news channel. Martin Frost , who is one of the few remaining crackpot leftist in Texas was saying that there could be and energy bill if the extremist on the right wouldnt keep putting Anwar in the mix. Well that is classic BS. The extremest are people like him that lie about drilling ANYWHERE, but come off as reasonable and get away with making statements like he did about why there isnt currently an energy bill out. Clinton made through his whole presidency doing it. See the welfare bill and his state of the union speech where he proclaimed "the era of big govt is over".LMAO what a joke. Here is my point, libs can do that and get away with it. Let a true conservative do it... lol , you will hear all the typicals, biggot, intolerant, dishonest, unenlightened, fundamentalist et al. Untill the media just reports info and fact instead of telling people what to think about info and facts we will get what we get, and deserve I suppose.

TexasTide

All-SEC
Jan 11, 2002
Navasota,Texas,USA
It could all backfire on them though. There are still a lot of people in this country spread of over huge areas that are conservative and believe in traditional American values. We have been decreasing in number by the usurpation of rights slowly over 200 hundred years. Because of the media attention given to activists (most of whom are terorists) and the ultra-left people think our numbers are smaller than they really are. Now, though, it's going too far too fast. If we get a President that allows the courts to decide the fate of marriage, tries to take our guns (of any type), hands over the security of our nation to the UN, and submits our armed forces to the World Court all in one term, the silent majority will be silent no more.

bamabake

Hall of Fame
Jul 25, 2000
waco, tx, USA
TexasTide said:
It could all backfire on them though. There are still a lot of people in this country spread of over huge areas that are conservative and believe in traditional American values. We have been decreasing in number by the usurpation of rights slowly over 200 hundred years. Because of the media attention given to activists (most of whom are terorists) and the ultra-left people think our numbers are smaller than they really are. Now, though, it's going too far too fast. If we get a President that allows the courts to decide the fate of marriage, tries to take our guns (of any type), hands over the security of our nation to the UN, and submits our armed forces to the World Court all in one term, the silent majority will be silent no more.

The supreme ct may be the single most important reason to elect Bush.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.