Anyone know what is really going on with Directv?

yellowstone

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 26, 2001
Stansbury Park, Utah
They still do not have a price for ESPN Gameplan and are telling me they are still in "negotiation". One week before the season. Just wondering if anyone knows what the real story is?

tiderollingindville

Scout Team
Jan 2, 2003
Douglasville, GA
Saw an advertisement last night that the game is pay per view on Dishtv. Also looked up on internet today and it stated same thing. I would hope that Directv is doing the same since we are changing to them this weekend.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
yellowstone said:
They still do not have a price for ESPN Gameplan and are telling me they are still in "negotiation". One week before the season. Just wondering if anyone knows what the real story is?
I had the same problem. Something is going on. The rep. I talked to when ordering told me that I wouldn't see a price for the package on my next TWO bills. That the price may not be decided upon until THE END OF THE SEASON. I'm not joking. I even asked her to repeat herself to make sure I heard her right. Something is definitely going on. But I ordered anyway with the faith that there is no way they would charge much higher than Cable or Dish Network.

yellowstone

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 26, 2001
Stansbury Park, Utah
yellowstone

That is about the same thing I told them. Since I was a subscriber last year, they are going to automatically renew it for me. I am fine with that, but the least they could do is tell me how much they are charging me. Or if they will have it at all, which is what I am really worried about. That word "negotiation" kind of bothers me. I don't really trust them.

Stephen323

All-American
May 29, 2003
Duluth, GA
I have been a DTV customer for over 3 years now and based on my experience, I don't have any problem dealing with them in good faith. If they are in negotiations, I would suspect that ESPN tried to force a price that they did not like and they are fighting it on behalf of their subscribers.

GBtide

Sep 3, 2002
SC
Do not know about DTV but...

In talking with a local cable company rep., with whom I have had gameplan for 3 years, I was told ESPN has chosen a different PPV service provider. Due to this change, all the TV carriers have to renegotiate with ESPN to carry the service. My cable company told me that this change was recent and they too do not have a deal yet. I replied to them, that they have till Wed. to get a deal done or I get DISH. Cannot miss the first game of the year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.