Question: A question about the MARTA rail system

birmingham bama

Nov 14, 1999
How early should we get to the marta parking lot

How early should we get to the first Marta parking lot on I-20 coming from Birmingham? Would want to be sure to get a spot.

RT3413

All-American
Sep 14, 2004
Atlanta, GA
Re: How early should we get to the marta parking lot

To be safe? Early. Like come in mid-afternoon and enjoy the aquarium or the world of coke before the game. With about 20,000 fans (my guess @ bama contingent not staying in town) coming in from the west and only about 500-1,000 parking spaces I'd come in early myself.

kfo9494

Suspended
Jun 19, 2001
Gadsden, Alabama
Re: How early should we get to the marta parking lot

Do not worry about a parking spot. The main lot at the Holmes station only has about 1000 regular parking spaces, but they have a grass field behind the station that they open for special events.
There will be plenty of parks at the station. If marta people are up-to-date they will have extra security at the station and will be directing people to the back area of the station where there is plenty of parks.
The Atlanta Sports Council (ASC) which is putting on the event usually does a good job of alerting the mass transit to special events.

Last edited:

bamaslaw

All-SEC
Jan 16, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Remember Gameday will be there as well. You might need to leave earlier in the AM... but mid afternoon should be ok I believe. Worst case scenario you could go up to Lakewood and be fine. I'm glad I live over by Lindbergh center station.

Which BTW, if anyone's going to Gameday and wants to catch a few brews and take in some games afterwards, I am down like the Luisitania.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.