Why do conference tournament champions get automatic bids...

rolltide92276

1st Team
Jan 8, 2002
Hueytown, Alabama, U.S.A.
and not the regular season champions? It seems to be the more deserving team would be the regular season champion since they did it over the long haul. Of course sometimes the regular season and conference tournament champs are the same team so it doesn't matter. Does anybody know or have any thoughts about it? Just wondering.

crimsonblake

Banned
Sep 19, 2000
Mobile, AL
Conference tourney brings in money, and adds excitement to the last 2 weeks of the season for subpar teams. I LOVE the conference tourneys...i'm glad they give out auto-bids.

crimsonfl00d

May 28, 2002
Alabama
Well odds are if you are the conference champ you will get a bid to the tourney. Also if you are a team who started out poorly and finish strong and are still on the bubble this gives you a chance to go to the big dance ,if you win the tourney. Just my 2 cents worth.

PsychoJoe

Suspended
Jul 5, 2002
Pelham, Alabama
I think each league with an automatic bid has a choice of how it picks its representative, either by tournament or by regular season play. Most have now gone to the tournaments as mentioned above, largely for the revenue and publicity it generates for their league.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.