If Bama loses out to other schools for the services of Chad Jackson and Jayson Swain.

I try to be an optimist but if neither of them signs with Bama, do you think the Tide should try and sign a juco WR or stick with what they have and try to get a few next year?

IMO, if neither signs and Matt Caddell signs, the only way Bama should sign a juco WR is if he is simply incredible and has put up some really gaudy numbers. Otherwise, I would stick with Caddell, Chambers and Roach even though one of them could end up as a DB.

RollTider82

1st Team
Jun 18, 2002
Tuscaloosa(Heaven), AL
I think if we miss out on Jackson and Swain, we should call our receiver situation good enough for this year, and go after some guys we need at other positions. Maybe a DL.

There is still a very slight outside chance we could get Cromartie. It doesn't look good, but maybe AC can talk us up to him.

------------------
There are more important things in life than Alabama football, but I can count them on one hand.

MUSSO

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 9, 2001
Tallahassee, FL
well, this situation would be most unfortunate ... not sure what is best--do we try to get some WRs next year and sign another LB, DL, or OL or do we go with a JUCO WR?

all i know is after next season we lose Carter, Fulgum, Fletcher, AND Luke (all of our top WRs)! who the heck will brodie throw to???

i say we recruit hard for Cromartie and sign him so that we'll have 3 guys who could possibly play WR and DB in Chambers, Roach, and Cromartie!

Personel versitility always helps soften the effects of probation!

RollTider82

1st Team
Jun 18, 2002
Tuscaloosa(Heaven), AL
We could really use Cromartie. I think if we don't pick up 2 of the big 3 (or big 4 if you like. We are going to have to start adding Cromartie to that list), we've got to go get some hotshot receivers next year. We will need 1 or 2 guys that can come in and make an impact as freshmen in 2004.

------------------
There are more important things in life than Alabama football, but I can count them on one hand.

BamaKam

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 1, 2002
Orlando, FL
forget about Cromartie, he has narrowed it down to the FL schools. I'm not ruling out Jai Miller or Robert Meachum as WR's yet though. And Tyrone Protho is supposedly a David Palmer clone. Protho has some work to do but we have an excellent shot at signing him. Many think that Miller has the best upside of any of the WR's we are considering. He wants to play both football and basketball in college and he is deciding between Bama and the Barn; would YOU want to play hoops at the Barn right now??

RollTider82

1st Team
Jun 18, 2002
Tuscaloosa(Heaven), AL
Did Cromartie take his official visit yet? Maybe AC could help us change his mind if he hasn't. Also, I was under the impression that Meachem is pretty much a lock for OU. Miller is going to have to hurry if he wants a spot. I've got a feeling Prothro is JUCO bound if he doesn't make some serious progress in the classroom. He's from my neck of the woods, and I'll be home this weekend. If I get to talk to anyone who might know, I'll see what I can pick up on him through the grapevine.

------------------

RollTider82

1st Team
Jun 18, 2002
Tuscaloosa(Heaven), AL
Good, right before signing day. Maybe we can overwhelm him hehe. We should get some girls to go out there in bikinis with a banner or something when he shows up. He and AC Carter are cousins or best friends or something. Hopefully he can sway him over.

------------------

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.