Will Tebow go pro after this year?

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
Tebow simply is not the prototypical athlete that the NFL scouts look for at that position. Neither was Danny Wuerffel. Or Jason White.
DM, some people forget that Timmy shattered Florida HS passing records. The kid has a good, strong, live arm. I really think he can adapt at the next level.

He's been a winner at every level when people didn't think he would be (initially). And I'm sure he'll be given a real chance at the next level and will be drafted highly, too. His arm strength is far superior to what Wuerffel's was.

I've been watching him play since he was 15 and am probably too closely "tied," for lack of a better word, to the situation. But I really think he's going to do well at the next level. Why? Because of his unmatched work ethic and his willingness to be coached. That and he's a pretty darn good football player. :)

P.S. As for being the prototypical-type player NFL scouts look for at the QB position, Vince (Six) Young was an early first-round pick. I believe right now that Tim's a better NFL quarterback than Vin Six. ;)

Last edited:

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
DM, some people forget that Timmy shattered Florida HS passing records. The kid has a good, strong, live arm. I really think he can adapt at the next level.

He's been a winner at every level when people didn't think he would be (initially). And I'm sure he'll be given a real chance at the next level and will be drafted highly, too. His arm strength is far superior to what Wuerffel's was.

I've been watching him play since he was 15 and am probably too closely "tied," for lack of a better word, to the situation. But I really think he's going to do well at the next level. Why? Because of his unmatched work ethic and his willingness to be coached. That and he's a pretty darn good football player. :)

P.S. As for being the prototypical-type player NFL scouts look for at the QB position, Vince (Six) Young was an early first-round pick. I believe right now that Tim's a better NFL quarterback than Vin Six. ;)
CJ,

I agree with you on all counts regarding TT's ability. But I'm simply here to tell you that NFL scouts will not be that high on him.

IF his heart is truly set on making it in the NFL, and I am not sure it is, then my guess is he has the work ethic and ability to make a final cut and actually be on a team. But he will not be in high demand on draft day. He will have to work his butt off to make it with a NFL club....

X and O

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 23, 2008
Moody, Alabama
I remember an interview with an Auburn fullback during Dye's tenure (cannot recall who it was) and he was drafted really high but got cut. It was asked what the difference was between collage and pro, instead of the usual answer given (speed, talent level, ect.) he actually gave a good account of the differance. The differance?...these guys are serious, its a job, 24-7 football, live eat breath married to it. They expect 100 times more from you than in collage. Will Tebow turn pro after this year? Dont know. Will he excel at pro football...from what I have seen of him, you bet your life he will.

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
CJ,

I agree with you on all counts regarding TT's ability. But I'm simply here to tell you that NFL scouts will not be that high on him.

IF his heart is truly set on making it in the NFL, and I am not sure it is, then my guess is he has the work ethic and ability to make a final cut and actually be on a team. But he will not be in high demand on draft day. He will have to work his butt off to make it with a NFL club....
Like I say, I'm probably too close to the situation to give a fair assessment. I disagree with you, but it's probably because of the aforementioned closeness. :)

But close or not, I still think he's better than VY is... right now. :biggrin:

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
He is going to enter the draft at some point, because when asked about it earlier this year, he kinda dodged the question saying he's would sit down after the season and think about his options. I personally think he stays for his senior year. I've always thought if he could adapt to running routes that he'd be an awesome NFL TE. I just don't think he has the technique or ability to be a drop back NFL QB - maybe I'm wrong...

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
I think he will end up as a tight end or fullback in the NFL if he indeed does make it. I havent really seen anything that impresses me from his passing ability. Like it or not, he will likely be a repeat of Alex Smith in the NFL. However, I could see him being a Matt Jones type conversion.

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL
I think he will end up as a tight end or fullback in the NFL if he indeed does make it. I havent really seen anything that impresses me from his passing ability. Like it or not, he will likely be a repeat of Alex Smith in the NFL. However, I could see him being a Matt Jones type conversion.
Matt Jones has way better speed than Tebow. If he were to be converted, it would most definitely be at tight end. Regardless, I still think he'll be given a shot at QB. I'm just telling you guys, he has a very good arm. The offense they run at UF is not very QB friendly as far as showing passing skills on the outs and deep balls.

Roll_Tide_Gal

1st Team
Jul 15, 2004
Oak Grove, Alabama
I'm just telling you guys, he has a very good arm. The offense they run at UF is not very QB friendly as far as showing passing skills on the outs and deep balls.
He has a strong arm, but the accuracy isn't there. Brodie Croyle had much better control but he isn't really tearing up the NFL. Tebow had a man wide open late against Ole Siss and overthrew him by a country mile. He's got light years to go to make it in the league.

Bamaball2001

All-American
Aug 30, 2007
Snellville Georgia
No; Actually, regardless of what many think, I think this is the first year he has really looked like a pro style QB. He won't get away with running off tackle all the time in the pros. So, he needs another year like this to prepare himself. TT will stick with UF.

:BigA: RTR!

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
I would be shocked if Tebow was a good NfL quarterback. He is a great college QB, and he does have good arm strength, but not good release or accuracy. He will not be a great Nfl Qb, but he can run.

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006
i have no idea whether he would or wouldnt. however I do know he's one of the most competitive college players I've seen. Those who believe he doesnt have the fire are watching somebody else not named tebow!

I also think he will be hugely successful in the nfl.
At what position? He's got a long way to go IMO to be a successful NFL QB. Not saying he can't do it but it'd probably take at least a few years in the league with some good coaching to become that IMO.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.