Will we EVER get there

mannish

Scout Team
Jan 8, 2003
Springville, Alabama
We never got far enough with CM, Wimp, Hobbs or CMG. Will we ever get to the final four. We will ever got the sweet 16 again...? Elite 8

Will we get there under CMG...? During Kennedy Winstons tnure....? Mo's tenure...

I don't think we'll ever get there. I have no answers as to why we can't do it. Heck Auburn or Butler does it why can't we.

TiderinMiss

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2000
Clinton, MS
I'll be happy when we get back to where Wimp and C.M. took us.

Bama News

TiderinMiss

------------------
***Winners wear RED. Losers wear ORANGE. Just ask The Tampa Bay Buccaneers!***

*****34-14*****

mannish

Scout Team
Jan 8, 2003
Springville, Alabama
I ain't satisifed with what CM (GREAT coach) or Wimp did cause we never got far enough with them.

I know the truth hurts but I would like to be like Auburn go the sweet 16 and the eite 8 under Sonny Smith. I wish we were as good as Auburn in Basketball. I think UAB has actually gone farther than Bama in the NCAA

WHY..........?

crimsonblake

Banned
Sep 19, 2000
Mobile, AL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mannish:
I ain't satisifed with what CM (GREAT coach) or Wimp did cause we never got far enough with them.

I know the truth hurts but I would like to be like Auburn go the sweet 16 and the eite 8 under Sonny Smith. I wish we were as good as Auburn in Basketball. I think UAB has actually gone farther than Bama in the NCAA

WHY..........?
</font>

God doesn't like our basketball team

crimsonblake

Banned
Sep 19, 2000
Mobile, AL
I mean Bulter is there. I'll be glad when WE can compete with the Butlers of the world :)

I don't think it's God's fault ?
</font>
It's not god's fault? Well it must be the Devil's then...that ba$tard

LTBamaFan

1st Team
Jul 31, 2002
Elmore, Al.
One thing I have noticed about all the winning teams in the NCAA tourney; they all PASS the ball and get a lot of movement while on offense
. They don't rely solely on having one player dribble the ball close to midcourt for 25 to 30 seconds while everybody else stands there.

Mar 21, 2001
Albertville,AL
hummmm The few negative things I have said about our basketball year, I do not recall ever using cuss words.....did I really just read what I think I did??? hey 96grad where are you?? or does this just apply to certain members?? We we not going to call this member onto the RED rug like you did me and some else?? or do the rules just apply to certain members?

B

BamaJ

Hey. Yall better watch all the non-butt kissing of our basketball team. Did you not see the "Must brown nose bball team" sign when you first came to this message board. And Albertville Guy, how dare you call someone out like that. Yall will all be hit with the IRON FIST!!!

BamaJ

------------------
SNASS (both meanings)

Roll Tide Roll!!!

"It ain't the size of the dog in the fight. It's the size of the fight in the dog."

http://www.xtremebama.homestead.com

TruCrimson

All-SEC
Aug 26, 2002
Selma, AL
Plus Allbarn got an easy road also. Not to take anything from them, b/c they are in the Sweet 16, but they are in the easiest bracket in the tourney.IMO

------------------
This is Erwin Dudley's world...We just live in it!!

!!!ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

mannish

Scout Team
Jan 8, 2003
Springville, Alabama
It's just frustrating we have had the talent to go farther and just can not do it. Then again we have never been ranked as high as we were this year so you never know maybe we'll get closer to the Final Four (without buying tickets)eventually. It sure is hard to swallow that Cliff Ellis is/maybe a better BB coach than CMG but it certianly 'appears' that way.

I guess I have to blame the coaching, I think that is what Bear taught us years & years ago.
Just doesn't make any sense to me.

RTR_NW

Scout Team
Nov 17, 2002
Midway, GA
home.coastalnow.net
I hope that CMG figured out what went wrong. Some times problems just can't be resolved quickly. With the seniors we had, maybe the problems started four years ago. Have we ever been a good road team? Some times players leave unexpectedly, or recruits don't fill the right holes.

If he learns from this year, he'll be a better coach. He belongs at BAMA, and he will take us deeper into the NCAA's.

And that's about all I have to say about that!

TruCrimson

All-SEC
Aug 26, 2002
Selma, AL
It's just frustrating we have had the talent to go farther and just can not do it. Then again we have never been ranked as high as we were this year so you never know maybe we'll get closer to the Final Four (without buying tickets)eventually. It sure is hard to swallow that Cliff Ellis is/maybe a better BB coach than CMG but it certianly 'appears' that way.

I guess I have to blame the coaching, I think that is what Bear taught us years & years ago.
Just doesn't make any sense to me.
</font>
Hey, don't feel too too bad...where ever Mr. Cliff goes, so does trouble.

------------------
This is Erwin Dudley's world...We just live in it!!

!!!ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

RollTideRandy

3rd Team
Dec 10, 2001
Newnan, GA
Everytime someone brings up Wimp, I never miss the opportunity to ask the question: How did a team, starting Sprewell, Horry, Robinson, Perry, and Waites with Caffey on the bench, lose in the Sweet 16 to Loyola Merrymount(however you spell it). I mean remember how UNLV destroyed LM in the next round and went on to win the whole thing? That UNLV team had Stacey Augmon, Larry Johnson, and Greg Anthony. Now you look back today and who was more talented? Horry, Caffey, Sprewell, and Robinson OR Augmon, Johnson, and Anthony? That's what I thought. We always underacheive. But is there anyway to stop that?

PsychoJoe

Suspended
Jul 5, 2002
Pelham, Alabama
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RollTideRandy:
Everytime someone brings up Wimp, I never miss the opportunity to ask the question: How did a team, starting Sprewell, Horry, Robinson, Perry, and Waites with Caffey on the bench, lose in the Sweet 16 to Loyola Merrymount(however you spell it). I mean remember how UNLV destroyed LM in the next round and went on to win the whole thing? That UNLV team had Stacey Augmon, Larry Johnson, and Greg Anthony. Now you look back today and who was more talented? Horry, Caffey, Sprewell, and Robinson OR Augmon, Johnson, and Anthony? That's what I thought. We always underacheive. But is there anyway to stop that? </font>
Loyola Marymount was not a bad team. As fa as our team that year, Caffey was a freshman the next year, Perry was a non factor, Sprewell had not yet bloomed (that was his junior year), Robinson was a freshman but couldn't play due to eligibility issues. Horry was a good player, but not great. The center was David Benoit , who had a long, if not spectacular, NBA career. Keith Askins was the sixth man, and he also had a solid NBA career. UNLV was much nearer their ultimate potential, and had we gotten past Marymount we would have been a double digit loser to UNLV.

The team that disappointe me was the next season, when Robinson was eligible, Horry had a great senior year, and Sprewell emerged as a star. We weren't as deep as the year before, but we had a disapointing second round loss to a not very good (by their standars) North Carolina team. As it turned out there were things going on behind the scenes which led to Wimp's dismissal and may have had sometthing to do with thatteam's underachieving.

TomBama

Scout Team
Nov 13, 2000
Chapel Hill, NC
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RollTideRandy:
Everytime someone brings up Wimp, I never miss the opportunity to ask the question: How did a team, starting Sprewell, Horry, Robinson, Perry, and Waites with Caffey on the bench, lose in the Sweet 16 to Loyola Merrymount(however you spell it). I mean remember how UNLV destroyed LM in the next round and went on to win the whole thing? That UNLV team had Stacey Augmon, Larry Johnson, and Greg Anthony. Now you look back today and who was more talented? Horry, Caffey, Sprewell, and Robinson OR Augmon, Johnson, and Anthony? That's what I thought. We always underacheive. But is there anyway to stop that? </font>
Hey RTR, good point. Makes you think.

ROLLER

Banned
Mar 3, 2002
Winnersville, AL, USA
Naw, psycho got it right. That Bama sqaud was good but Loyola M. was a pretty good team also. They led the nation in scoring for some time there. I was hurt over that one but Bama was winning the SEC championship with consistency. CMG is no where close to Wimp's world except when he played for him. That makes since though because CMG is no where as experienced as Wimp was at that time. Still I believe this team should have been there.

------------------
The supreme effort is a team effort.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.