Updates

PsychoJoe

Suspended
Jul 5, 2002
Pelham, Alabama
Well, James Lang has made up his mind to try the NBA, as many have said that he would. IMO he is obviously not yet ready for the NBA, but if an NBA team picks him in the first round, I am sure that he will get plenty of OJT in the finer points of post play. It has been a trend in recent years for NBA teams to draft talented HS post players who are physically mature and help them develop to NBA level players. This leaves the colleges mostly with late growers or the tall, skinny, athletic types, such as the three Alabama early signees.

Mo Williams is testing the NBA waters, and will make the jump if he likes his draft position. If so, that leaves us with one scholly to give, and desperate need of another PG.

Jordan Howell seems to be the best available here, assuming that the SEC eligibility issue can be resolved. He is really more of a two than a one in my opinion. Justin Jonus would be a possibility for the extra scholly as well, though he is a two/three type. Of course, if needed, KW could take care of the ball handling chores, but that would take away from his offense.

Just guessing at next year's starting line up, assuming that Mo is gone:

PG: Pettway
WG: Shelton
WF: Winston
PF: Brock
C: Davis or Davidson

To say the least, the inside situation is very unsettled.

TruCrimson

All-SEC
Aug 26, 2002
Selma, AL
Thanks PJ for the update.
I hope we get Jonus, I know we already have KW, but you cannot have too much of a good thing..right

RTR!!!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I agree with the first three slots of your starting 5 next year...

PG - Pettway
SG - Shelton
SF - Winston

but.........
PF should be Lucky Williams
C is up in the air, and I'm guessing he may try RAMBO first......and then back up with one of the Freshmen......Mark seems to appreciate loyalty....so, I think he gives Rambo a crack at it first, and then comes back with one of the FROSH if he doesn't pan out

PsychoJoe

Suspended
Jul 5, 2002
Pelham, Alabama
CC, your guess is certainly as good as mine on the inside players. Luckie certainly will be in the mix. I think Rambo will play some, but I have concerns about him playing big minutes: at 6'7" and 225 he is small for a center. He isn't much of a scorer. He gets in foul trouble too easily. I see him as coming off the bench in situations where we need defense and rebounding. I just don't see anyone among either the returnees (Williams, Rambo, Davis, Brock) or the new recruits (Davidson, Taylor, Adkins) who will come close to giving us what ED has given us in rebounding, scoring, and just plain hustle for the last four years. As you can tell, I'm pessimiistic about the upcoming season.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.