No More Mo... gone to the NBA

Ramah Jamah

1st Team
Sep 17, 2002
Mobile, AL
I too wish him good luck. Hate to see kids leave early though. Hope he does better than Santonio.

------------------
"Then I said to them: What is this high place you go to? It is called Bamah to this day."
Ezekiel 20:29

Allbarn ticket office phone number: 1-800-AUB-1957
If Bama were to follow the same logic:1-800-ALA-192519261930193419411961196419651973197819791992

Put your support where your mouth is. Join www.crimsontradition.com

ZeusBama

Scout Team
Feb 5, 2002
Tuscaloosa, AL
the good news is that he has not retained an agent, so he may still withdraw his name and return to UA.

"I do not have an agent and I'm leaving the door open to return to school and the (Alabama) team," said Williams who was the 2002 Southeastern Conference Freshman of the Year. "I want to leave my options open. Hopefully I will get invited to the NBA Pre-Draft Camp in Chicago so I can get further evaluated. I'll base my final decision on those evaluations and workouts before the draft. If things are not going as planned, I will withdraw my name and return to school."[/QUOTE

TideRoller

Banned
Sep 20, 2001
Tuscaloosa, AL
Guys,
We need to remember that, with the new NCAA rules, entering the NBA draft early is not that big of a deal. Mo just wants the chance to go to the pre-draft camp in Chicago. That camp will tell Mo if he is ready to go. He hasn't hired an agent. His options are open, and he is exploring them fully. His performance at the camp will be the deciding factor.

mannish

Scout Team
Jan 8, 2003
Springville, Alabama
He should call Grizzard and see that going to the NBA is not always going to the NBA

He may wind up making 100 bucks a game with low
attendance and sitting next to Rod on the bus to the nexy road game.

UA DJ

Scout Team
Aug 9, 2001
Texas
Keep in mind that Rod broke his leg at the absolute worst time. He hasn't been the same since. If you're healthy now and if you'll be drafted in the first round, then I can't blame Mo for leaving. If he does leave, our team will be in serious trouble next season.

mannish

Scout Team
Jan 8, 2003
Springville, Alabama
Mo wasn't very dominant in the college game so I don't think he is near ready for the NBA.

I'd like to think U could put a whippin on Vandy before going the NBA.

I am not knocking Mo but I didn't see anything that would indicate NBA quailty player. I ain't so sure he would even start on a team like Kentucky.

BamaDevO

All-SEC
Jun 13, 2000
Atlanta, Ga.
Williams is a very talented player, but I have to agree that he needs a little more polishing to become an NBA caliber guard.
I wish him luck, but it just doesn't seem to me that he will get much of a chance.
I personally think he should stay one more year and see where he can take this team by himself with ED gone.
I wonder if he was thinking about that when he left....maybe he's not so sure...

Mo will be back. Trust me. The highest prediction I've seen has him basically the last pick in the first round and most scouts think he'll go mid-high second round. I just don't see any pro teams wanting to wager a first round pick on him considering:

1) He is a very streaky shooter.
2) He was moved to 2 because he wasn't running the point well.
3) His passes are questionable at times.

If he goes pro, he will get no chance at all as a point guard because he just doesn't have the tools. He'd be a small 2 guard, and as Allen Iverson will tell ya, that ain't easy.

NateDogg

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.