Basketball Better Than Advertised

Shorty Price

Banned
Nov 13, 2003
One Mile, AL
I recall a remark made by a noted basketball sportscaster. "If Mark Gottfried wins 50 percent of his games in the 2003-2004 season, he should be voted national coach of the year". I hope the guy eats his words. SP

PsychoJoe

Suspended
Jul 5, 2002
Pelham, Alabama
I don't think he's putting down CMG or the tide. Looking at a tough non conference schedule, and a tough, as usual, SEC schedule, it is easy to see how we could come in at less than .500 for the season.

I am encourgaed by what I saw Friday, and think that we might be a bit of a surprise team this year. I'd think we might get to 16 or 17 wins this time around.

Remember, though, that we didn't load up our non conference schedule with cup cakes, like many coaches would with an inexperienced team like we have. This will bode well in the future, but it would not shock me if we lost four or five non conference games, and remember that last year's much more expeienced team did not make it to .500 in SEC play.

Shorty Price

Banned
Nov 13, 2003
One Mile, AL
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PsychoJoe:
I don't think he's putting down CMG or the tide. Looking at a tough non conference schedule, and a tough, as usual, SEC schedule, it is easy to see how we could come in at less than .500 for the season.

I am encourgaed by what I saw Friday, and think that we might be a bit of a surprise team this year. I'd think we might get to 16 or 17 wins this time around.

Remember, though, that we didn't load up our non conference schedule with cup cakes, like many coaches would with an inexperienced team like we have. This will bode well in the future, but it would not shock me if we lost four or five non conference games, and remember that last year's much more expeienced team did not make it to .500 in SEC play.
</font>
Good post and I agree. SP

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.