BamaNation All-American Tide Warrior's Avatar

2013 FL LB Dillan Lawson(UF Commit)

I am posting this here because he commited to UF this weekend and after they reviewed his film ESPN has moved him in the 150. But if this kid is legit and we offer, I do believe we flip him. He was born in AL and is a UA fan. He said he told CWM that UA was his top school and that UF was his 2nd school. UA has not offered this kid yet, but he thinks they will and plans on visiting this spring, probably A Day game. FWIW he also has a UA "A" tatooed on his chest. Again not sure he is a take. He comes in at 6'3 218 and runs a 4.4 40.

"I mean I was born and raised in Alabama," Lawson said. "I have an Alabama tattoo on my chest. That's the reason why. I'm just an Alabama fan. That's all there is about it. I mean Alabama is my dream school, off the top, No. 1. I told coach Will [Muschamp], 'Coach I was a Gator fan when I was in Alabama, they were like my second favorite team.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/coll...st%3fid%3d2969

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...14e9VumeVDPZB4

Rivals has not rated him yet.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: 2013 FL LB Dillan Lawson(UF Commit)

I don't understand. Why wouldn't he just wait for an offer if he feels one is coming? Why would he tell Muschamp and the public that Florida isn't his #1?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

That's got to be embarrassing for Muschamp. Don't know why the kid didn't wait a few months before committing so he could attend some Alabama camps.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CHATTBRIT View Post
    That's got to be embarrassing for Muschamp. Don't know why the kid didn't wait a few months before committing so he could attend some Alabama camps.
    He was probably being told he needed to commit or his spot would be taken by somebody else. Not really sure why he would tell Muschamp that unless he wanted to be totally up front with him to let him know if a Bama offer came he was gone.

I am not familiar with Dillan Lawson, but I believe ESPN also had Petey Smith in their 150. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tide Warrior View Post
    I am posting this here because he commited to UF this weekend and after they reviewed his film ESPN has moved him in the 150. But if this kid is legit and we offer, I do believe we flip him. He was born in AL and is a UA fan. He said he told CWM that UA was his top school and that UF was his 2nd school. UA has not offered this kid yet, but he thinks they will and plans on visiting this spring, probably A Day game. FWIW he also has a UA "A" tatooed on his chest. Again not sure he is a take. He comes in at 6'3 218 and runs a 4.4 40.

"I mean I was born and raised in Alabama," Lawson said. "I have an Alabama tattoo on my chest. That's the reason why. I'm just an Alabama fan. That's all there is about it. I mean Alabama is my dream school, off the top, No. 1. I told coach Will [Muschamp], 'Coach I was a Gator fan when I was in Alabama, they were like my second favorite team.

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/coll...st%3fid%3d2969

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecr...14e9VumeVDPZB4

Rivals has not rated him yet.
    At that size, he would wind up in the Defensive Backfield for us......

He is far too small to be a Linebacker in our Defense.

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post

Recent examples of people who were this size and weight when arriving at the UofA that played and played effectively in our defensive front seven: Corey Reamer and Eryk Anders. If his speed is legit, he could be a safety for us, as you noted.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

guys are just begging for an offer from us...if you get an offer you better take it quick

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bama579 View Post
    Recent examples of people who were this size and weight when arriving at the UofA that played and played effectively in our defensive front seven: Corey Reamer and Eryk Anders. If his speed is legit, he could be a safety for us, as you noted.
    Those two aren't good examples since they weren't CNS guys. They came in under Shula and bought in to what CNS was saying and worked their tails off. I'm not sure they would be recruited by CNS with the talent Bama is getting now.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

Idea Re: 2013 FL LB Dillan Lawson(UF Commit)

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post

He's a freaking junior in high school. I think it might be safe to presume that he'll put on a couple of pounds over the course of the next 19 months.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonboy View Post
    He's a freaking junior in high school. I think it might be safe to presume that he'll put on a couple of pounds over the course of the next 19 months.
    Funny how much things have changed and how easily people forget. We've become so spoiled with freak recruits that we expect every kid we recruit to be at least 6'4 and 250 lb's of solid muscle at 16 years old. Hell, 6'3 and 218 would have been a college tight end not THAT long ago...
    That's the paradox of success. The moment you stop to enjoy it, you are in trouble. You have to keep moving forward. It's not what you have done that's important. It's where you are going.
    Alabama Coach Nick Saban

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by REBELZED View Post
    Funny how much things have changed and how easily people forget. We've become so spoiled with freak recruits that we expect every kid we recruit to be at least 6'4 and 250 lb's of solid muscle at 16 years old. Hell, 6'3 and 218 would have been a college tight end not THAT long ago...
    That reminded me of a Alabama/*U game I was watching on ESPN Classis. It was the 1985 game (Tiffin FG on the last play) and Frank Broyles was talking about *U defense and said "Auburn's defensive line is huge with 260 lb DT's and a 268 lb NT". It made me realize how quickly times have changed.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by TiderJ View Post
    That reminded me of a Alabama/*U game I was watching on ESPN Classis. It was the 1985 game (Tiffin FG on the last play) and Frank Broyles was talking about *U defense and said "Auburn's defensive line is huge with 260 lb DT's and a 268 lb NT". It made me realize how quickly times have changed.
    Quickly? That was 27 years ago

We are just getting old