Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Shane Youngblood Tweets a Good Question About Future Bama Recruiting

I've had several posts about not being a fan of Alabama recruiting the state of Mississippi. This thread is not about that. It's about the school of South Panola in general. Shane Youngblood tweeted the below question after Conner's announcement, and I think it's a valid one for Bama to ask.

@SYoungblood73
    I know Nick Saban isnt a defeatist, but at some point don't you allocate time and resources away from recruiting South Panola?
    Should Bama spend its time on SP and its recruits?
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American bamabelle1991's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Shane Youngblood Tweets a Good Question About Future Bama Recruiting

I don't see CNS giving up on a challenge. Let his presence in SP make all the other coaches shake in their sneakers. Eventually, you will get someone to come to the good side.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bamabelle1991 View Post
    I don't see CNS giving up on a challenge. Let his presence in SP make all the other coaches shake in their sneakers. Eventually, you will get someone to come to the good side.
    if nothing else, it makes the mississippi teams work harder to keep 'em there, and gives them less time to go elsewhere....

BamaNation Hall of Fame RedStar's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

We got Griffin a few years back, who I never really felt was an elite talent at RB. And he seemed a little disgruntled at his short stay on campus. I'm sure that doesn't help us with other SP recruits.

The two most successful in SP history both went to Bama. Townsend & Rudd. Everyone else out of SP have been busts.

Conner wanted to play here. He wore these gloves while playing:

Something kept him there, and I hate to think of what. If a kid wants to play here, and we want him to play here, and we still don't get him? Seems like those resources would be better used somewhere else.
    Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice? Congratulations, you'd probably make a pretty good con-man.

BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar

I have heard this was Greg Reid all over again. Both of these guys supposedly told our coaches they were coming the night before signing day. As to why they chose to sign elsewhere....I'll let you figure that one out.

I'm thinking if the reason some kids choose to stay at home is cut off, they may go elsewhere. Until that is proven and dealt with, this is what we have.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CapstoneGrad06's Avatar

Coach Saban will continue to go after the best, no matter where they are. He'll also continue to find that "prototypical Jack LB" that he had in Jason Taylor at Miami. Eventually the circumstances won't cut Alabama off, like it did with Jadaveon Clowney and Robert Nkemdiche. Lorenzo Carter is the next one.
    "Each play has a history and a life of its own. How is that play going to be remembered? If you're focusing on that play and what you have to do that single play, usually you'll do pretty good on it." - Coach Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame derek4tide's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Yeah, Coach will not walk away from a challenge.
    "There are two pains in life. There is the pain of discipline and the pain of disappointment. If you can handle the pain of discipline, then you'll never have to deal with the pain of disappointment." - Nick Saban

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Should Bama spend its time on SP and its recruits?
    I think that time spent recruiting Mississippi would be much better spent recruiting Georgia and specifically Atlanta area recruits. That seems to be Saban's attitude since he arrived.

Most Atlanta area recruits have no strong allegiance to any one school and their are no strong booster organizations around to put pressure on recruits to stay in-state.

Back in the day, Mississippi and specifically S Panola was worth the effort, but that doesn't seem to be the case any longer. Even spending the time south Florida seems to be more fruitful.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by derek4tide View Post
    Yeah, Coach will not walk away from a challenge.
    A wise man will walk away from a challenge that isn't worth it.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAtlanta View Post
    A wise man will walk away from a challenge that isn't worth it.
    Yes, ROI is the key and we are getting none at this time. But like a poster said it does make the coaches of the other schools concentrate and work harder on that particular recruit.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Gotta stick to it, eventually the relationship building pays off and you get a big recruit that isn't swayed by externalities there.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

When it gets to "show me the rings!" instead of what it is now, the results will be different...and that time will come.
    The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office. Dwight D. Eisenhower