Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me...or is UGA/Boise looking like easy money....

...of course I'm talking "play money" since it's not legal to gamble

UGA -7 vs Boise St.
    I know Boise has had a great record the last several years BUT they didn't beat a single Div1 team last year with a winning record. Also Boise on the road last year allowed an avg of 37 pts per game. Not to mention it will be a little hot after coming from Idaho to the humid heat of Georgia in early Sept.

I think Boise will hang for a while but the heat and overall talent of UGA will kick in and 7 pts will be covered easy.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame DiamondDust's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm no expert, but it's looking like this one is going to give bookies fits. In any normal situation, Georgia would be probably a two touchdown favorite. However, I'm guessing a lot of people are putting money down on Boise as an upset pick, thus turning the line into just a touchdown.

BamaNation All-SEC TideRollsInVa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amused on TideFans.com
    Openers are so difficult to determine and that is one reason for the 7 pts I would think. Wasn't it Ga Southern that gave them fits this time last year?
    "Just Too Full of BAMA!" ...Tommy Lewis

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but I can't see UGA getting up for GA southern....

Quote Originally Posted by TideRollsInVa
    Openers are so difficult to determine and that is one reason for the 7 pts I would think. Wasn't it Ga Southern that gave them fits this time last year?
    I would think this time around UGA will not be looking past Boise and this year UGA hasn't gotten the "press" they did the last few years. Gotta think they will want to come out and prove something...with all the talk (media) about Meyer at UF and UT's talent. I think UGA is gonna try to make a statement early.

Or at least I hope

BamaNation First Team Born_a_Tider's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

GA 2005 is not GA 2004

They lost a lot of key personnel and they have an unproven QB. Oddsmakers may be taking into account the injury bug that has hit them this year. Some of the freshman (I can go back and look) will not be available. Add this to having a difficult time with openers and the line looks about right.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TommyMac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com
    UGA giving 7 probably should be good, but I'm putting more weight behind the heat/humidity factor than anything else. I'm very impressed with Dan Hawkins as a HC. Those kids absolutely believe in him and play WFO on every play for him. He's gonna make some big program very happy someday.
    "I'm just a simple plowhand from Arkansas, but I've learned over the years how to hold a team together, how to lift some men up, how to calm others down, until finally they've got one heartbeat, together, a team."

Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-SEC smokewagon212's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Bookworm on TideFans.com

Big A

this is going to be an opening day upset!

BamaNation All-American Boclive's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Amazed on TideFans.com
    I'm taking UGA -7 and betting everything I have. Second mortgage and all.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    this game is going to be a case of "which defense has the most stamina"...

i can see the Georgia defense slowing down the Boise State offense, but i just don't see the Boise defense being able to stop the power running game that Georgia brings to the table.

Georgia controls the clock in this one. As long as they don't let Shockley try to throw the ball more than about 12 times, uga will win by 14.
    HIRE COACH PAUL JOHNSON!!!!

BamaNation Second Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah but Boise plays NOBODY....

Quote Originally Posted by TommyMac
    UGA giving 7 probably should be good, but I'm putting more weight behind the heat/humidity factor than anything else. I'm very impressed with Dan Hawkins as a HC. Those kids absolutely believe in him and play WFO on every play for him. He's gonna make some big program very happy someday.
    Plus before Hawkins there was Dirk Koetter...he had Boise 10-2 & 10-3 before Hawkins took over (Koetter was the hot comodity and now is at Ariz. st. 26-23 record).

Boise plays nobody...Check out their schedule over the last few years..they do not schedule any tuff out of conference games and their conference sucks.
    Don't forget just a couple of years ago everyone was raving about Boise St. They finished 12-1 and blew everyone out.....EXCEPT for one game.
    Arkansas beat them 41 - 14. I don't think Boise scored less than 40 the rest of the year...but then again they were not playing SEC quality teams.

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, this isn't easy money but REAL EASY MONEY.

People say UGA struggles in openers because of last year's slow start...what about the year before where they beat then ranked Clemson 30-0 with a brand new OL, RB, and I think like 10+ suspensions including starters all around?

BSU also lost 2 WR's, 2 DB's, and have walk-on's playing at several positions.

Remember, their QB was not the most accurate passer last year as his TD/INT ratio was not that great.

BSU plays NOBODY and struggles on the road. They have up 40+ to Tulsa and San Jose State on the road for crying out loud.

DJ Shockley has sucked in some games but has also played fantastic in others, such as Clemson games in 2002/2003 and I thought he did well against us in 2003.

UGA returns a full OL, RB, and everyone on the DL except for Pollack.

UGA murders BSU
    The United States Marine Corps, with it fiercely proud tradition of excellence in combat, its hallowed rituals, and its unbending code of honor, is part of the fabric of American myth. - Thomas E. Ricks

ROLL TIDE!!!!

BamaNation All-SEC
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, "murders" might be going a bit far, but I tend to agree with the general theme of the thread. BSU may hang close, maybe even about halfway through the third quarter, but unless this is one of those days with cloud cover and a thunderstorm, I just think the boys from Idaho are going to have trouble dealing with the heat, humidity and UGA's running game. I think you give the points, but then I don't bet on people.
    Roll Tide

BamaNation Hall of Fame TommyMac's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivory Tusk
    Plus before Hawkins there was Dirk Koetter...he had Boise 10-2 & 10-3 before Hawkins took over (Koetter was the hot comodity and now is at Ariz. st. 26-23 record).

Boise plays nobody...Check out their schedule over the last few years..they do not schedule any tuff out of conference games and their conference sucks.
    Don't forget just a couple of years ago everyone was raving about Boise St. They finished 12-1 and blew everyone out.....EXCEPT for one game.
    Arkansas beat them 41 - 14. I don't think Boise scored less than 40 the rest of the year...but then again they were not playing SEC quality teams.
    I'm not sure I understand the point you're trying to make. Are you saying that Hawkins isn't a good coach because he can't take WAC level talent and beat SEC teams, or other BCS conference teams for that matter? He can't pull that off, nor could anyone else that I know of. The point I was trying to make is that he seems to get the max out of his players. Why would you expect more?
    "I'm just a simple plowhand from Arkansas, but I've learned over the years how to hold a team together, how to lift some men up, how to calm others down, until finally they've got one heartbeat, together, a team."

Coach Bryant