SI mock draft has 5 from Bama going in the 1st round

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Re: ESPN mock draft has 5 from Bama going in the 1st round

That would be awesome, but considering teams are devaluing the RBs, I expect Lacy to go in Round 2 or 3 (worst). I think we "only" have 3 first rounders this year in Fluker, Milliner, and Warmack with Dee and CM going in the top 10. Williams and Lacy could sneak in there with good workouts, interviews, or just based off of team needs.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

Sounds good to me... in either case, it's hard to see why someone would decide not to play for Alabama.

WKURainwater

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2009
Donelson, TN

I would love to see Barrett Jones playing in purple up in Baltimore next year. I think he would be a great replacement for Matt Birk who I think will probably retire after this season. I see him as a low first, high second, but I am by no means an expert.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Chip Kelly has said before that he wants a QB that can run if needed. He says he prefers a guy that can pass before running. With that in mind, SI goes with Geno Smith? Really? Most rushes in a game this year - 10 against TCU. Most yards in a game this year - 65 against Marshall. Longest run of the season - 28 against Marshall.

Geno Smith isn't a mobile QB like many want to believe. The Eagles may draft him, but I don't see it.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Amazing to think this could be the third year in a row that at least four Alabama players are selected in the first round!

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I remember all preseason and during the year analysts were saying there isn't the top tier nfl talent on this team. I never understood what they were talking about. Maybe it's not 2010 talented but this team is loaded with future nfl talent including guys that will go in the first two rounds.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

That would be awesome, but considering teams are devaluing the RBs, I expect Lacy to go in Round 2 or 3 (worst). I think we "only" have 3 first rounders this year in Fluker, Milliner, and Warmack with Dee and CM going in the top 10. Williams and Lacy could sneak in there with good workouts, interviews, or just based off of team needs.
You were correct coming into this year but this was the year of the RB in the NFL (Peterson, Foster, Rice, Charles, Lynch, Trent, Doug Martin, etc..). I think some teams will still put an emphasis on the running game to protect their #1 investment (QB) and this will get Eddie in the 1st round.

BamaBoots

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Rocket City

What round is Barrett Jones supposed to be selected?
In a mock draft from the Senior Bowl he was projected to be the 40th pick. I think he is too good and too smart to not be a first rounder. I like Barrett a lot.:BigA::BigA::BigA:

Last edited by a moderator:

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

I would love to see Barrett Jones playing in purple up in Baltimore next year. I think he would be a great replacement for Matt Birk who I think will probably retire after this season. I see him as a low first, high second, but I am by no means an expert.
I would love to see him in Houston along with Warmack, Lacy, Millner, Nico, et al.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu

Eddie to Green Bay or Atlanta, I'm calling it.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Id say the cant miss player we have in the draft is warmack. Imo he will start whete ever he plays i believe he is that good. Milner is up there too. Lacy and b jones will be scrutinized closely on the medical side and it could hurt them a little. Jones has injury prone feet and ankles. If you got a bad wheel you cant go. Lacy he has seldom been injury free but nothing cronic. Jones feet could be a cronic thing that will hurt him some.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Barrett will almost certainly go in the 1st round due to the fact he can play multiple positions among other obvious talents.
I think by the time the draft gets here AT LEAST 1 of the 32 GMs is gonna want to snatch him up in the first round. The guy is too good, too smart, and way too classy to not be. JMHO

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.