Was Deon Belue pulled in the second half

BigBama76

Suspended
Oct 26, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Guys we did just play one of the better passing attacks in the SEC, and they can also run the ball, so it's not surprising that they could make a few plays on us, this isn't last years defense.

I think Belue will get better, and of course ND doesn't have the QB and WRs to give us the same trouble as UGA.
No but ND has some big, fast TE's like the one that dragged Sunseri 10-15 yards on the next to last GA play. Gholson also has a rifle for an arm.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
No but ND has some big, fast TE's like the one that dragged Sunseri 10-15 yards on the next to last GA play. Gholson also has a rifle for an arm.
Their big TE is concerning, but as far as an all around offense UGA and A&M were a lot tougher matchups.
And of course we will be rested and well prepared when we get to Miami.

CrimsonForever1

3rd Team
Aug 22, 2012
I don`t know really, but doesn`t ND have two recievers in the 6 foot 6 and 6 foot five range in height... That could spell a little trouble for our corners I guess..... I really haven`t watched them much.... Isn`t the QB considered the dreaded game manager label?

crimsoncamaro

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 9, 2010
i have seen notre dame play several times and gholson is very underrated...he definitely has a strong arm and is very mature and patient in the pocket. saban will have us ready for him though.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Belue never came off the field.

Geno Smith was playing the Star safety position in nickel and dime sets.

Belue's biggest problem is one he can't fix -- size. He is tiny. I'm kind of surprised he tackles as well as he does given his size. The technique will get better -- our coaches thought he had the potential to be a one-and-done guy at one point -- but the size is what it is.

CrimsonCrusade

1st Team
Nov 9, 2011
Cookeville, TN
Deion Belue is young and inexperienced. He will improve. As someone pointed out, Milliner was awful in his 2010 campaign. Mark Barron was suspect on numerous occasions that season as well. I'm more concerned with how often Robert Lester, a Senior, has been out of place this season.

CRMSNtide

1st Team
Jul 4, 2011
Much bigger arm than Murray. The ball is not in the air very long.
11Tds - 5INTs, passer rating of 131.8 which is 64th in the nation.
Come on man, this guy doesn't compare to Murry at all.
Why didn't he light up USCw with their bad defense if he's so good?

CrimsonCrusade

1st Team
Nov 9, 2011
Cookeville, TN
11Tds - 5INTs, passer rating of 131.8 which is 64th in the nation.
Come on man, this guy doesn't compare to Murry at all.
Why didn't he light up USCw with their bad defense if he's so good?
Well put. This National Title will not even be competitive. This year's Notre Dame squad is the worst team since '98 Tennessee to reach the national title, in my opinion.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Belue never came off the field.

Geno Smith was playing the Star safety position in nickel and dime sets.

Belue's biggest problem is one he can't fix -- size. He is tiny. I'm kind of surprised he tackles as well as he does given his size. The technique will get better -- our coaches thought he had the potential to be a one-and-done guy at one point -- but the size is what it is.
Is Geno playing Vinnie's spot in the nickle?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.