Perry, Lester, and Milliner Respond to Theo Riddick's Comments About Bama Secondary

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Message boards are you kidding? Let me enlighten you: Herbstreit ESPN's #1 College FB analyst "For ND to have a CHANCE in this game, Everet Golson is going to have to make plays and and play the BEST game of his life."

I can site a WHOLE bunch more in the media too. Does not bother me because they have been wrong ALL YEAR about ND and they will all be wrong again.
You hear what you want to hear. I have watched a huge amount of coverage for this game and I have heard as many pick ND as have picked Alabama. Hard to call that "disrespect" from the media.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Message boards are you kidding? Let me enlighten you: Herbstreit ESPN's #1 College FB analyst "For ND to have a CHANCE in this game, Everet Golson is going to have to make plays and and play the BEST game of his life."

I can site a WHOLE bunch more in the media too. Does not bother me because they have been wrong ALL YEAR about ND and they will all be wrong again.
Thank you for the enlightening commentary. The comment you quoted is probably true, whether Dome fans like it or not. Were you even around in '92?

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
...and to add to what I said above. Riddick is correct. The Bama secondary is the defensive "weak link". The problem is, our "weak link" is better then 90% of teams "strong links".

The closer to this game I get, the more aggravated I become with the disillusionment that some people have. I don;t care how many ND fans want to tout their schedule, they have ONE... I REPEAT... ONE signature win, and that is Stanford. That's it...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
People hear the news that reinforces their own beliefs.
Playing the victim card does not work very well in this forum.
Especially when your team just this year has gotten 2 calls to help win 2 games, one against a team that will have a losing record by 4:30 PM Central Time today. That's not to mention the long history of similar events occurring in your favor. Cry me a river,for Pete's sake.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Let's recap, now that this one is all but over, some of the ND victories and how the fared in bowls..

Navy, lost 62 - 28 to ASUA
Purdue, lost 58-14 to Okie St
Michigan St, pulled out a 17-16 win over 7-5 TCU
Michigan, LOST to USCe 33-28 (wouldn't have been as close if Denard Robinson was still QB)
BYU, beat the mighty San Diego St Aztecs 23-6
Oklahoma, POUNDED by Texas A&M 41-13
USC, Lost to a Ga tech team who came in with a LOSING record
Pitt, getting dismantled by the 8th (maybe) best team in the SEC

Stanford is their only good win...

Let's recap, now that this one is all but over, some of the ND victories and how the fared in bowls..

Michigan, LOST to USCe 33-28 (wouldn't have been as close if Denard Robinson was still QB)

Should have lost that too!

Ruffian

Oct 21, 2012
Nashville

Just out of curiosity...what is the record for teams Alabama played in bowl games?

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Just out of curiosity...what is the record for teams Alabama played in bowl games?
WKU lost a close one to CMU
Michigan (common opponent, but we beat them handily)
Ole Miss destroyed Pitt
MSU layed an egg vs NW (everyone saw that coming)
LSU lost...but I don't blame the team, I blame Les Miles...he screwed his own team out of victory
UGA beat Neb 45-31 (and it wasn't that close imo)
aTm (which we lost to) POUNDED Oklahoma 41-13

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Well:

Michigan lost
Western Kentucky lost
Ole Miss won
MSU lost
LSU lost
TAMU won
UGA won

As you can see these extrapolations are fruitless.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Well:

Michigan lost
Western Kentucky lost
Ole Miss won
MSU lost
LSU lost
TAMU won
UGA won

As you can see these extrapolations are fruitless.
My point were all these close games and quality victories, are a result of a team that has a bad offense and good defense sliding their way through an easy schedule...save the Stanford victory that shouldn't have been.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
So, the conclusion is that Alabama's only good win was Georgia and Notre Dame's only good win was Stanford?

I like how the last two games went, A&M dominated Oklahoma and Ole Miss dominating Pitt was a good sign. But, that doesn't erase the other bowl games.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
The countdown has begun. My son thinks ESPN hates Bama. I think the coverage has been pretty fair & even. Both Coach Kelly & Coach Saban were very classy at the PC today. I did not appreciate the Dial non-story on the scroll, but besides that both team are getting respect.

And it is with all due Respect I say to the ND fans that I'm sorry this won't be close.

A lot of really talented kids at Alabama have something to prove & I do believe that playing a full SEC schedule helps prepare SEC teams for these games. I'm no SEC rah rah but just schedule one game a year & you will see. RTR!

Maverick2

BamaNation Citizen
Nov 28, 2012
I'm no SEC rah rah but just schedule one game a year & you will see. RTR!

Ah, ND has lifetime winning record against the SEC including 5-1 against the Crimson Tide. They have made a habit of beating SEC teams that were supossedly going to destroy them.

It will be a tight game Monday night

;)

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA

Was that quote on one of the 400 shows about ND on ESPN??? :wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.