*** WR Amari Cooper Commits to Alabama *** (Update: Page 16)

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
Re: WR Amari Cooper Updates

I am looking for him to commit and announce his decision soon, probably not more that a couple of days or sometime within the next 7 days at the latest. I still believe Bama is in very good shape for Cooper.
I think the sooner he commits, the better. The more popular he gets, the tougher it will get to recruit him. Muschamp and Jimbo might respect Saban enough to not push too hard on players already committed to their mentor.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006

I think the sooner he commits, the better. The more popular he gets, the tougher it will get to recruit him. Muschamp and Jimbo might respect Saban enough to not push too hard on players already committed to their mentor.
That's what he taught them NOT to do.

Crimson Surfer

News|BB|FB|REC, Super Moderator
Jul 14, 2001
Henderson, NV

That's what he taught them NOT to do.
I agree, you don't see CNS giving up on players he wants even if they are committed elsewhere.

I thought that Cooper would announce his decision this past weeked or very soon. That situation seems to have gone cold. He still has not publically changed his intent of announcing in the first few weeks of the school year. I believe Bama still leads for his signature since nothing to the contrary has been reported.

mulletover

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2009
Cullman Alabama

Last night on 97.3 The Zone I heard Bama expects a commitment from Cooper soon. Orr said his announcment was delayed because he was asked to do it on ESPNU. Just what I heard from guys in the know TIFWIW

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Last night on 97.3 The Zone I heard Bama expects a commitment from Cooper soon. Orr said his announcment was delayed because he was asked to do it on ESPNU. Just what I heard from guys in the know TIFWIW
Hope Orr is right. Amari will be a great addition to an already very good WR class.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I posted the following in another thread.

I was watching the Dwyer game earlier, and Luginbill was talking about Amari. Luginbill said Amari is supposed to announce soon and he's leaning towards Bama. He went onto say he's a big sleeper.

BamasTide

1st Team
Mar 30, 2009
Decatur, AL

ESPNU's recruiting show is this afternoon. I am curoius to see if Cooper's announcement will be part of the show. The show is called ESPN Recruiting Nation (formerly Recruiting Insider), and it airs at 4pm(c.s.t.).

TheTradition

All-SEC
Nov 6, 2010
Alabaster, AL

I listened last night as well, but I didn't hear Orr say that. I think it was BAMA K, one of the long time posters on TI. I may be remembering that wrong though.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I saw something earlier from Chad Simmons saying Amari was going to announce on August 26 but another school has joined the mix. It was a premium article, so I was unable to read it. Anybody else see it?

BEATtutorsee

Hall of Fame
Mar 14, 2006

Where did they come from? :conf2:
With the offense they're now running (Holgorsen's) and with an established QB (Smith) I'm not the least bit surprised that he would be interested in them if that's indeed the case.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Holgorsen will draw a lot of attention from wide receivers, but WVU will not be a threat here unless we back off. The real key here is that Cooper has cooled on FSU, and they were always our biggest concern.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.