Ex Miami basketball coach to be hammered by NCAA due to Shapiro investigation

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
It's scrolling on ESPN news right now. If they do that to the basketball team what can the football team expect?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Bamalawdawg

3rd Team
Dec 28, 2011
@BFeldmanCBS
Am told by source Lville asst Clint Hurtt got his call from NCAA (Shapiro case) & "they're pretty much throwing everything at him."
I see several show cause orders in the future for former Miami basketball and football coaches. Wonder if Southland is out of the woods.

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Don't forget that our Director of Football operations was there then too.
Yea I personally do not know our DOF but I question why we would want to affiliate our program with someone who has even sniffed Miami in the past 5-10 years...

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Yea I personally do not know our DOF but I question why we would want to affiliate our program with someone who has even sniffed Miami in the past 5-10 years...
I do know him, and while it's not like I can just come out and ask him I'd be surprised if Saban didn't do his homework on that one and find nothing of concern.

GulfCoastTider

Hall of Fame
Good news! Coach Stoutland is not expected to face charges according to this: http://m.palmbeachpost.com/news/spo...to-charge-2-ex-um-football-assistants-/nT4c3/ It says he cooperated, so hopefully when official ruling comes down, he will not face any sanctions.
I predict that neither Stoutland nor Pannunzio receive sanctions. Certainly nothing severe, if anything at all.

There was a single incident alleged, in which both Stoutland and Pannunzio were said to have facilitated improper contact between a recruit and Shapiro. There were no allegations of cash or other benefits involved and the coaches weren't accused of anything else.

There was no competitive advantage gained because the recruit ended up signing with Florida rather than Miami.

Stoutland has cooperated and while he's not mentioned in the PBP report, I'm betting that Pannunzio cooperated, too.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.