Link: Kirby Smart won't leave mentor Nick Saban until he has opportunity for success

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Phillip Marshall's latest story says Gus interviewed better, so he is now the #1.
I can imagine the interview:

So Kirby what do you expect if you come to Auburn

Kirby - full control of the football program.

Committee - thanks for coming in, we'll be in touch. Have a nice trip back to Tuscaloosa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Recruiting is everything, sure. But Gus move the ball against us in two-thirds of his opportunities. The first year he had a Division II quarterback and they led until the last minute. The second, with Cam, they accomplished the impossible. We've shown this year that we are vulnerable to the spread. When Texas A&M beat us, Gus became a credible option at AU.

He'll have to get players. Auburn, unless they are mauled by sanctions, recruits very well. BVG is still the odd's on choice to return as DC. I wouldn't sell either of them short.
Really?

Auburn went up 14-0 because of some gimmicky plays. Even with Cam, Bama lost after injuries.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Recruiting is everything, sure. But Gus move the ball against us in two-thirds of his opportunities. The first year he had a Division II quarterback and they led until the last minute. The second, with Cam, they accomplished the impossible. We've shown this year that we are vulnerable to the spread. When Texas A&M beat us, Gus became a credible option at AU.

He'll have to get players. Auburn, unless they are mauled by sanctions, recruits very well. BVG is still the odd's on choice to return as DC. I wouldn't sell either of them short.
I agree, but at this moment it beats the heck out of Kirby Smart's name being called out.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Well if the news is true about Gus going to Auburn and Brett B. going to Arky what does that say about the chances of Smart going to Wisconsin? Just curious if he would have any interest. I would much rather see him go there than anywhere in the SEC. Thoughts?
Right now I just hope it ends up with him staying at Bama.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Wisconsin opening up could mean CKS there. That would be a good place for him to get his feet wet because he's essentially guaranteed 7-8 wins each season. I'd really hate to see CKS leave, but Wisconsin is a decent program. He won't have an issue recruiting against Urban (they'll each win some lose some).

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Wisconsin opening up could mean CKS there. That would be a good place for him to get his feet wet because he's essentially guaranteed 7-8 wins each season. I'd really hate to see CKS leave, but Wisconsin is a decent program. He won't have an issue recruiting against Urban (they'll each win some lose some).
Kirby is 36 and all of his peers are in the SEC. His roomies at Georgia were Mike Bobo and Will Muchamp. I doubt he is itching to be a head coach right now unless something really extraordinary comes by. Moving to a foreign part of the country to an unknown league and a middle pack job is not enough. He will wait for the next round of SEC openings imo. He has an excellent job at Alabama.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.