Is anyone else having problems with a "502 Bad Gateway" Error?

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Thanks for the feedback folks. We have made some major updates to the system this week and some things obviously are a bit wacky. It involved server, DNS, database, and load balancer changes among other things that I will describe later. The uptake of this is that we can handle orders of magnitude more traffic now than last week and have some amazing technology behind us thanks to http://Richweb.com - our host. Still need to tweak performance, db, and cache. But thanks for the info...specific details help.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
ok I have fixed the quick links menu at the top of the home page.

Can you describe in detail the page that is giving you a 502 error?

You may still need to clear cache. It should rectify itself over the coming days automatically but if you want to make sure, just clear your cache.

Any other problems? Thanks for the feedback.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I have had the 502 gateway error message twice, both times when logging out. I go back to the previous page and then can log out with no problem

Originally Posted by Kevo
Having the same problem. Als
o, the url http://tidefans.com/forums/football no longer takes me to the football forum. This now leads to the tidefans homepage.
the link Kevo posted above takes me to "page not found"

No problems here of any note

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
I was having a similar problem with an error message but it seems to have cleared itself up for now. Of course, saying that, this response will probably start an error page.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Repeated attempts to log out from Tf always resulted in 502 gateway error. I cleared my browsing history in Chrome and was able to log out.

BAMAfan777

1st Team
Jun 25, 2010
Is anyone else getting a bad gateway response when the click on a thread?

For the last week, one out of three threads is giving me a "bad gateway" response.

RTR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Re: Is anyone else getting a bad gateway response when the click on a thread?

I've been having trouble for a few days. Today I'm having to type in tidefans in the address bar.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al

*sighs* Already a thread on this.. If it's on Chrome, just clear your cookies/cache and you should be okay

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

Got it fixed. My problem was the address for tidefans in my favorites, some how got the address changed.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
When I try to access via tidefans.com I get a "access denied" message -- Safari. If I go through the football or recruiting page, I am fine. I have cleared the history...btw, thanks for all you guys (and girls!) do to provide us this forum. I hope someone is making money off this...it is a wonderful source of information...

socalbamafan123

Scout Team
May 26, 2010
Getting "access denied" when going to http://tidefans.com. To get into the site I have to use http://www.tidefans.com.

If on apache this is usually just a location forwarding issue. Maybe proxy rewrite rules (if you are using mod proxy for load balancing) aren't covering all cases? No idea of the setup so just throwing out things from past exp.

me too, last few days, access denied. today it fixed itself

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.