Mr. UGA Football Tony Barnhart article on Aaron Murray

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Mr. Football just put some serious pressure on Mr. Murray. Basically said if Georgia is going to win he has to have a great game.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville
And the majority of them are picking us to win. Only one guy picked GA.

Tony Barnhart picked Georgia. How much will the fact that UGA lost last year motivate them to play well? They all think just because we have won 2 championships in 3 years that we don't want it as bad. It is always great to win championships. We didn't make it to the SECCG last year so hopefully we have some motivation to win it.
I still think if we pop UGA in the mouth quick, they will lay down by the 2nd half. Just like they did against SC.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Tony Barnhart picked Georgia. How much will the fact that UGA lost last year motivate them to play well? They all think just because we have won 2 championships in 3 years that we don't want it as bad. It is always great to win championships. We didn't make it to the SECCG last year so hopefully we have some motivation to win it.
I still think if we pop UGA in the mouth quick, they will lay down by the 2nd half. Just like they did against SC.
iirc, the SECC was a huge goal of the team this year since they didn't get it last year.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
I am watching Tony on his show on CSS right now. I do enjoy his commentary, he knows a lot about football.

But.....his whole argument for Georgia are their last games after Florida. He is stating how much they have improved...etc. Georgia has just benefited from having a great schedule to end with.

Ole Miss, Auburn, Ga Southern and Ga Tech? Yeah that was a gauntlet.

GADAWG1980

Scout Team
Sep 26, 2011
Between the hedges
An sec schedule is a difficult schedule anyway you slice it. You can try to belittle aaron as a player and qb all you want but the fact of the matter is that he leads the nation in passing efficiency. You can talk about schedules all you want to,the games still have to be played and won on the field. From what ive seen this year aarons done a great job leading this team. Whether you think the schedule was easy or not we still had to go out and win these games on the field. We didnt just roll our helmets out there,say we were the georgia bulldogs and everybody lay down and quit. Neither did the tide for that matter,theyve been talked about by some of these so called experts for playing a weak schedule as well. Anyway you slice it both of these teams are 11 and 1 in the sec. Thats not an easy task by any means and they both deserve to be here.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
An sec schedule is a difficult schedule anyway you slice it. You can try to belittle aaron as a player and qb all you want but the fact of the matter is that he leads the nation in passing efficiency. You can talk about schedules all you want to,the games still have to be played and won on the field. From what ive seen this year aarons done a great job leading this team. Whether you think the schedule was easy or not we still had to go out and win these games on the field. We didnt just roll our helmets out there,say we were the georgia bulldogs and everybody lay down and quit. Neither did the tide for that matter,theyve been talked about by some of these so called experts for playing a weak schedule as well. Anyway you slice it both of these teams are 11 and 1 in the sec. Thats not an easy task by any means and they both deserve to be here.

They definitely deserve to be there, they beat Florida and did what they needed to do. My point was all the talk about them "peaking" and improving. Based on their competition at the end, you would expect them to improve.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I am quickly tiring of UGA folks trying so incredibly hard to be relevant....by trying to make their accomplishments comparable.

Was not aware of the inferiority complex....it's almost like Auburn has an older step brother who finally quit picking his nose last year, and wants to now eat at the adults table wondering why no one treats them like they belong there

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
IMO both teams have benefited from a favorable SEC schedule. Both teams played 2 games against what would be deemed quality opponents and both were 1-1 in those games. We both played Missouri on the road and we were more impressive in our win than was Georgia in their win. We both played Ole Miss at home and looked about the same. Their win and our win against au proved nothing. If you assess both teams common opponents we looked better against Mizzou and Ole Miss was the same.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
You really want a head scratcher? Listen to Cowherd. He has said repeatedly that UGA played a tougher schedule than us. We had 5 common opponents 7 uncommon. I will list the 7 for each and we can compare:

Michigan – Georgia Tech
Western Kentucky - Buffalo
Arkansas - Kentucky
Missisippi State - Vanderbilt
LSU - Florida
Texas A&M – South Carolina
Western Carolina – Georgia Southern

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
You really want a head scratcher? Listen to Cowherd. He has said repeatedly that UGA played a tougher schedule than us. We had 5 common opponents 7 uncommon. I will list the 7 for each and we can compare:

Michigan – Georgia Tech
Western Kentucky - Buffalo
Arkansas - Kentucky
Missisippi State - Vanderbilt
LSU - Florida
Texas A&M – South Carolina
Western Carolina – Georgia Southern

Cowherd is an interesting character. He will act like he is dead right on something, then the next day back peddle on it.

But good comparison, that definitely says something about their schedule.

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
Right or wrong I will say this comparing teams we played they played is no not a good comparison both teams have different players schemes match ups game plans. Also something else I take in to account is every Coach has another Coaches number.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I counted only 4 common opponents: Mizzou, Ole Miss, UT, and au, who was the 5th? I also agree how a team played a common opponent doesn't really say much, ie LSU 12 Auburn 10 Alabama 49 Auburn 0. A lot has to do with when you play a team, how is the schedule loaded, front end or back end, injuries, and yes even the weather can influence an outcome. I would prefer in the future we schedule TAMU away from November since we already have LSU and au as two of last three games. Swap TAMU for Ole Miss, earlier in the season.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I counted only 4 common opponents: Mizzou, Ole Miss, UT, and au, who was the 5th? I also agree how a team played a common opponent doesn't really say much, ie LSU 12 Auburn 10 Alabama 49 Auburn 0. A lot has to do with when you play a team, how is the schedule loaded, front end or back end, injuries, and yes even the weather can influence an outcome. I would prefer in the future we schedule TAMU away from November since we already have LSU and au as two of last three games. Swap TAMU for Ole Miss, earlier in the season.
we play a and m early next year.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Florida Atlantic

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.