Depth Chart for the West Virginia Game?

Halovest

Apr 13, 2011
For starters I think the rbs. will be Yeldon ,Henry and Drake. But would not be too surprised if Henry started.
He should get at least 20 touches per game.

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
Re: Just wondering what would the depth chart look like for the west va. Game

Ask Coach Saban at the next presser. I'll get the popcorn. Ask him about entitlement too. :)
True that would be something,nothing like getting CNS riled up right from the get go LOL!!!!!!!!!!

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

This probably should be on the football board, but I like the question.
I see Blake sims at QB. TJ at RB. Cooper, White and C Jones at WR. Vogler at TE.
My ideal OL starting with LT - Brandon Greene, Arie, Kelly, Shepherd, D. Jackson.

Defense:
A.Robinson, Ivory, Pettway on DL. Duvall, DePriest, Ragland, and Dillon Lee at LB. Bradley Sylve and Eddie Jackson at CB. Collins and Jarrick at safety.

We'll see what shakes out after spring and fall camps.

Last edited:

Halovest

Apr 13, 2011

Glassscutter you don't foresee any true freshman starting? Hand,Robinson and Brown will be in the mix. Foster and Evans also.
Don't know how this got on the recruiting board a mistake I guess.

It's a down time for UA football. I was just thinking about who will be playing in the West Va. game. I cannot get enough of UA
football. I am ready for next season to start right now...LOL That signing class got me real hyped.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

I see Blake sims at QB. TJ at RB. Cooper, White and C Jones at WR. Vogler at TE.
My ideal OL starting with LT - Brandon Greene, Arie, Kelly, Shepherd, D. Jackson.

Defense:
A.Robinson, Ivory, Pettway on DL. Duvall, DePriest, Ragland, and Dillon Lee at LB. Bradley Sylve and Eddie Jackson at CB. Collins and Jarrick at safety.

I like your list, but we also know there are a lot of other guys who think that they will be getting the nod and will be busting it to make sure they get their chance. Spring training should be very interesting this year, and I hope those guys on our board with inside information will share as much as they can.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

Glassscutter you don't foresee any true freshman starting? Hand,Robinson and Brown will be in the mix. Foster and Evans also.
Don't know how this got on the recruiting board a mistake I guess.

It's a down time for UA football. I was just thinking about who will be playing in the West Va. game. I cannot get enough of UA
football. I am ready for next season to start right now...LOL That signing class got me real hyped.

I know what you mean about "can't get enough UA football." I don't expect to see any true freshman starters. I do think we will see a lot of them play. Mainly the ones you mentioned. We can't forget that even though these freshmen are 4-5* players. The players they are competing against are also 4-5* players who have had more time to learn, grow, and adapt to the college game. I'm always excited to watch the younger players play. That is why A-day is one of my favorite games of the year.

The person coming in this class who has the best chance to start is probably Jacob Coker. I just think it is hard to develop a chemistry with the players and become the leader a QB needs to be by just coming in the fall. Nick Marshall developed into that leader last year after only practicing in the fall, but everyone would agree that his start was not stellar. Bama can't afford to start slow. Coker may end up being the starter by the end of the year, however.
I really think Bama will try to give Cam Robinson as many snaps at LT as they can. Sort of like they did with Cyrus K. I'm hoping they move Brandon Greene back to LT because he is probably the best LT we have right now.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
How about we wait until after spring practice to see how it goes before trying to figure out the lineups for both side of the ball? Right now, there are too many uncertainties on both side to figure out the lineup. We don't even know enough about QBs to determine who might come out as a front runner. We don't even know about running back situation. Yeldon could be demoted. WRs... OL, TE and on Defense, too many questions. Let's just wait until spring practice to see who's doing well, and who's not.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
How about we wait until after spring practice to see how it goes before trying to figure out the lineups for both side of the ball? Right now, there are too many uncertainties on both side to figure out the lineup. We don't even know enough about QBs to determine who might come out as a front runner. We don't even know about running back situation. Yeldon could be demoted. WRs... OL, TE and on Defense, too many questions. Let's just wait until spring practice to see who's doing well, and who's not.
Yeah, let's not have any normal fan behavior on a message board. That would be devastating.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Just shootin' the bull. Ain't no harm done.

Halovest

Apr 13, 2011
You see that's the fun part predicting who will do well in the spring. Me myself have seen enough of this team to kind
of know who will start. I think with Kiffin involved you will see more play maker's on the field.
Me personally I think that's why CNS hired Kiffin. Our play maker's have not been utilized effectively.
You will see a lot of them on the field when we play West Va. Hope I heave not given away the game plan. LOL

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Defense:

In the 3-4, I think Reed probably gets a nod at DE instead of Pettway, just due to size. I also think Nick Perry is likely first in line at FS instead of Jarrick. Corner will be wide open.

That said, against WVA, I don't think we'll be in the 3-4 a lot due to their offense. more likely that we play a lot of nickel, with 4 DL and 2 LB.

In that alignment, I'd bet on Robinson and Reed at DT. At DE we'd probably start Duvall and Allen/Pettway but I would expect a heavy rotation with Anderson/Williams/Dickson(if he makes it back). One LB will be Depriest. I have a hunch the other will be Lee based on what we've heard about his ability in space and ability to blitz. DBs would likely be Perry at FS, Collins at SS and Jarrick at Star. Corner - who knows...

If we end up doing a 3-3, we probably just stand Duvall up, so same bodies in a slightly different alignment...

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama

I think our D-line lineup against WVU will be more talented than our regular 3-4 lineup. Now our nicklebacks on the other hands, may give up some plays.

Our defense in 2015 will be oustanding. Might be an all-timer. Offense shouldn't be too shabby either.

glasscutter256

All-American
Jan 31, 2009
Huntsville

In the 3-4, I think Reed probably gets a nod at DE instead of Pettway, just due to size. I also think Nick Perry is likely first in line at FS instead of Jarrick. Corner will be wide open.

That said, against WVA, I don't think we'll be in the 3-4 a lot due to their offense. more likely that we play a lot of nickel, with 4 DL and 2 LB.

In that alignment, I'd bet on Robinson and Reed at DT. At DE we'd probably start Duvall and Allen/Pettway but I would expect a heavy rotation with Anderson/Williams/Dickson(if he makes it back). One LB will be Depriest. I have a hunch the other will be Lee based on what we've heard about his ability in space and ability to blitz. DBs would likely be Perry at FS, Collins at SS and Jarrick at Star. Corner - who knows...

If we end up doing a 3-3, we probably just stand Duvall up, so same bodies in a slightly different alignment...

I can see your point with Reed over Pettway. Didn't Nick Perry Graduate? Is he coming back? medical redshirt last year?
I like Dillon Lee at LB in a nickel or dime set also.

Btw, does anyone know of any walk-0n punters who will compete with JK Scott?

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

Defense:

Did ya ferget about OJ Howard?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.