Lane Kiffin...Who would have thought??? (he'd be pulling for USC) watch the teaser

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
Never in a million years would I have dreamed I would actually be rooting for Lane Kiffin to do well. But, I hope that sucker wins out and embarasses Notre Dame, then beats Oregon in the PAC?? Championship. If he does win out, he will instantly become my favorite former TN coach.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Re: Lane Kiffin...Who would have thought???

It's definitely a tough ill to swallow to have to cheer for him. We still control our destiny in the sec so that's all I'm really going to worry about.

shottistyeti

Scout Team
Dec 10, 2006

Never in a million years would I have dreamed I would actually be rooting for Lane Kiffin to do well. But, I hope that sucker wins out and embarasses Notre Dame, then beats Oregon in the PAC?? Championship. If he does win out, he will instantly become my favorite former TN coach.
Complete and utter ditto!

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN

I don't like the guy, but the more he wins, the more it sticks in the craw of Tennessee. So I like when they win.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Never in a million years would I have dreamed I would actually be rooting for Lane Kiffin to do well.
Wow is Lane Kiffen Auburn? I don't care for Lane, but this is going off the deep end. Other than this game, why even spend energy rooting?

Alakablamo

1st Team
Nov 24, 2001
Upstate, SC

As hard as Lane Kiffin jacked UT... I'm fine pulling for him over in the PAC if it helps us. :cool:

Besides, we beat his UT team in such a clutch and memorable way that there are no hard feeling on my end.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

Can't and won't root for kiffy. Whatever happens......... happens.

I too hope we somehow get to Miami but I refuse to support that excuse of a coach. "IF" they are successful it won't be due to him suddenly becoming a brilliant football mind and implementing a gameplan that will throttle his opponents. USC has the talent to field a challenge but he can't manage what he has. Their success is going to be dependent upon luck and/or lack of performance of the opponent(s). I hope that is the case in the end but I WILL NOT pull for kiffin as a coach or person.

RTR!!!

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

If it makes you feel dirty, don't pull for him. It's not like rooting for him one way or another is going to make USC win or lose.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Can't and won't root for kiffy. Whatever happens......... happens.

I too hope we somehow get to Miami but I refuse to support that excuse of a coach. "IF" they are successful it won't be due to him suddenly becoming a brilliant football mind and implementing a gameplan that will throttle his opponents. USC has the talent to field a challenge but he can't manage what he has. Their success is going to be dependent upon luck and/or lack of performance of the opponent(s). I hope that is the case in the end but I WILL NOT pull for kiffin as a coach or person.

RTR!!!

Dude,

Nobodys rooting for him to be the coach of the year....just to beat Notre Dame...one game. It helps Bama.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

I hate Kiffin, but mark my words. I will go out and find some Kiffin merchandise if they win out.

It sounds kind of crazy at this point, but they lost to Stanford in a low scoring game by 7, they lost to Arizona by 3, and scored 52 on Oregon. They just have to step up a little more, and be the team people thought they were going into the season. The win the next three games, and Alabama can back into the BCSCG. I'd much prefer this scenario over hoping Texas beats Kansas St., and Stanford, Oregon St., or UCLA beats Oregon. This scenario simply requires USC playing up to their potential.

westide

All-SEC
Jan 22, 2011

I also will be pulling for So. Cal. Circumstances will make you do strange things

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

it is not about pulling for USC or any other team, it is all about wanting Notre Dame, Oregon, and Kansas State to lose.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

Why the hate on Lame my goodness he created more of a mess at 10rc than I could hope for. He's a hero.
gotta big mouth, but still my hero.

I remember listening to the Knoxville morning show the morning he quit it is something I will cherish for a long time. Thank you Lame now go beat ND & the ducks.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC

Dude,

Nobodys rooting for him to be the coach of the year....just to beat Notre Dame...one game. It helps Bama.
I know, I know. But I'll never forget the smug look on the guys face as he approached CNS on the field after the 2009 game. I just don't like the guy, his demeanor or attitude. He's a sorry excuse for a coach and I've let my thoughts on "Deflate Gate" (although he had no clue :rolleyes:) escalate my dislike for him. I know if they defeat the Golden Domers and/or The Ducks it works to our advantage.

I suppose I can set aside my personal feelings for a couple games and hope for the best relative to our team. But it ain't gonna be easy!

RTR!!!

Huckleberry

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
Jacksonville, FL

I've no problem hoping for whatever benefits Alabama. The fortunes of the Crimson Tide will always outweigh my dislike for any other team or individual. Nothing gives me more football pleasure than seeing the Tide play for and win a title. I laughed at Fran's foolishness at A&M, reveled in the fall of Fat Phil, and have fully enjoyed the misfortunes of a team formally quarterbacked by a fellow now playing for the Carolina Panthers. However, I'd give up all of that and more if it meant Bama would get the opportunity to play for this year's national championship. Heck, I'd contemplate selling my soul to see the Crimson Tide crush Irish dreams in the BCS title game.

FortyYearFan

1st Team
Jan 2, 2003

Watching his team now against UCLA...and they are bad. Pathetic defense so far; guess he can't fire his dad, huh?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.