USC (LAME K's team) vs GA Tech Game thread

taddy

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 25, 2012
Hard to believe Kiffin took that talent to 7-6. Wouldn't surprise me to see him fired after signing day.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
I think Kiffen looks silly in his outfit on the side line.
With him so bundled up on the sideline, what does that say to his players? We have a wimp for a coach?!. It's too cold for the coach to be out there but not the players.

I saw that he later took the huddie off his head.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Before today Georgia Tech had held only two teams to under 17 points this season, and they were Maryland and Presbyterian. USC scored only 7, I think that stat speaks to how little USC wanted to be in this bowl game. They had no intention of even showing up today, if I was one of their fans I would be thoroughly embarrassed right now.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Whether you are for ND or Alabama, for fewer or the current 35 crappy bowl games, Democrat or Republican; we can all agree that it is fun to see Lame get his arse handed to him.

Heck, even Monte probably enjoyed this one.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
After watching this game - and having seen Georgia absolutely destroy Georgia Tech - Notre Dame's win over USC is nothing if not unimpressive.

And, yes, I watched every snap of that game, too.

We'll see some more interesting things over the next few days, prior to the BCS National Championship game, especially sering how Pitt and Oklahoma play against their SEC opponents. So far, though, nothing I've seen has scared me in the least.

Sent from my Asus EEE Pad Transformer using Tapatalk 2

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
After watching this game - and having seen Georgia absolutely destroy Georgia Tech - Notre Dame's win over USC is nothing if not unimpressive.

And, yes, I watched every snap of that game, too.

We'll see some more interesting things over the next few days, prior to the BCS National Championship game, especially sering how Pitt and Oklahoma play against their SEC opponents. So far, though, nothing I've seen has scared me in the least.

Sent from my Asus EEE Pad Transformer using Tapatalk 2
Yep, I think ND's SOS just sank a bit...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Wasnt USCw and OU the 2 quality wins ND was touting? Its gonna be funny when A&M blows the doors off OU, I'm sure they'll have some excuse as to why that doesn't matter though.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Stanford and OU
Yea I forgot about Stanford, I guess they are a better win the USCw. For the record, I don't think its makes for an accurate prediction to look at a teams schedule and then try and conclude the outcome of the game. I fell into that trap when LSU only beat auburn 12-10. I thought we were gonna kill them after that performance, and quite honestly, LSU probably should have beat us that night.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Yea I forgot about Stanford, I guess they are a better win the USCw. For the record, I don't think its makes for an accurate prediction to look at a teams schedule and then try and conclude the outcome of the game. I fell into that trap when LSU only beat auburn 12-10. I thought we were gonna kill them after that performance, and quite honestly, LSU probably should have beat us that night.
This is a very good assessment. IMO Southern Cal's loss to Tech has no bearing on their game with ND; it has absolutely nothing to do with the NC game. If you want to accept that logic then how could Clemson beat LSU who destroyed USCe who pounded Clemson. It doesn't work hat way.

The LSU game played out the way the game should have winded up. We were about to walk in, untouched, for a TD to go up big but somehow had an unforced turnover and let LSU back in it. We should blown the doors off Tiger Stadium.

You're right though, these other games will have no bearing on the BCSCG.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Towards the end of the broadcast the announcers noted that USC showed up so late to a pre-game dinner event that barely anyone was there. Ga. Tech had left after an hour & fifteen minutes, then USC showed up and stayed just a few minutes. It was totally disrespectful of the bowl organizers, sponsors, chamber if commerce, city, etc. They also pointed out that USC's statement of explanation was blatantly false. It was as blunt a rebuke of a program as I've ever seen on a game broadcast.

USC is one of the most historical, elite programs in the country. I cannot understand why - even under probation - they would continue propping up this clown.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.