HHH vs. Undertaker, Hell in a Cell at Wrestlemania

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
If the Rock wins it cant really be clean. As they've said over and over, after this match, he'll be gone for a while but Cena stays around. Not sure if they want Cena to take a clean loss at WM (see last year), but they really cant have Cena beat the Rock either considering its in Miami and the boo's would be deafening if the home town hero lost, not really the way to leave the show.

Miz interference protects both guys and gives Cena something to do until he gets another championship push likely around the Summer.

DD you mentioned summerslam for the Rock, however he is committed to 2 or 3 movies that will be filming from now until the fall. He probably won't have the time to make an appearance until Survivor Series. I think We see Cena/Punk at Summer Slam this year again.

If the Rock wins it cant really be clean. As they've said over and over, after this match, he'll be gone for a while but Cena stays around. Not sure if they want Cena to take a clean loss at WM (see last year), but they really cant have Cena beat the Rock either considering its in Miami and the boo's would be deafening if the home town hero lost, not really the way to leave the show.

Miz interference protects both guys and gives Cena something to do until he gets another championship push likely around the Summer.

DD you mentioned summerslam for the Rock, however he is committed to 2 or 3 movies that will be filming from now until the fall. He probably won't have the time to make an appearance until Survivor Series. I think We see Cena/Punk at Summer Slam this year again.
I disagree on the Rock not being at Summerslam. The Wrestling Observer has stated he's scheduled/agree to be at that PPV. It makes sense as well considering Summerslam is the second biggest PPV of the year, and it's in Los Angeles.

He's also scheduled for the Raw the night after Wrestlemania, which I'm guessing will be used to set up whatever they're going to do with him in the future. If The Miz gets involved, Cena can issue the challenge for the match at Summerslam while having a mini-program with The Miz for the April PPV.

Last edited:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I disagree on the Rock not being at Summerslam. The Wrestling Observer has stated he's scheduled/agree to be at that PPV. It makes sense as well considering Summerslam is the second biggest PPV of the year, and it's in Los Angeles.

He's also scheduled for the Raw the night after Wrestlemania, which I'm guessing will be used to set up whatever they're going to do with him in the future. If The Miz gets involved, Cena can issue the challenge for the match at Summerslam while having a mini-program with The Miz for the April PPV.
Fair enough, that was just the last I heard about it. Hadn't' heard PWI reporting different.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
From the Smackdown tapings,

Add The Great Khali and Zack Ryder to Team Long... leaving one spot for that team (I'm still leaning towards Brodus Clay or a returning Rey Mysterio getting it)
Great Khali hits a few chops head butts and his choke-slam, then gets eliminated as soon as possible. I just did the entire booking for Khali at Wrestlemania.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Is it an elimination match? Heck, the entrances will probably be longer than this one. No more than 10-15 minutes at the most for this match.
you know ive assumed that, but i guess it could just be fist fall. Hard to do a 12 man tag match if its not elimination. too much interference.

Also Viscera has been booked by the WWE for sometime around WM according to reports. He cancelled a appearance with another promoter that was on the 31st, his partner said on twitter it was because WWE had booked him for that time.

you know ive assumed that, but i guess it could just be fist fall. Hard to do a 12 man tag match if its not elimination. too much interference.

Also Viscera has been booked by the WWE for sometime around WM according to reports. He cancelled a appearance with another promoter that was on the 31st, his partner said on twitter it was because WWE had booked him for that time.
Probably for Axxess or some backstage angle they do.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I hope it isn't true, but things are coming out that the WWE wants to announce next year's Wrestlemania main event the day after this year's Wrestlemania... and it will be Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels.

I can think of a whole slew of matches I'd rather see than this one again.
I'll take ANY match with Shawn at WM, I dont care if he fights a chair. I would kill to see Rock vs HBK, since it never happened at WM, anyway, it'd be a huge and I'd buy it just for that match alone.

I'm a HHH fan, I know its cool be hate on him but I've always been a HHH mark. his nicknames, entrance themes, the water thing, and He's one of the best Heels ever. So I'd be all for it if it were to happen.

Though HBK vs CM Punk has a REALLY nice sound to it also. but not gonna happen.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Yeah... just saw that. I hope it's true as well.

If you want a Wrestlemania caliber main event and want to announce it ahead of time... go for broke on what would be a ridiculous money match: John Cena vs. The Undertaker.

haha a twitter denial at this point from Wrestler is about as good a confirmation at this point. Jericho, Atrain, Punk...so we'll see. Im sure theyd love to have the Main Event announced early again its working well for them this time.

bamabaseballfan

1st Team
Aug 9, 2007
Birmingham, AL
I wouldn't mind seeing HHH vs HBK. Both are two of my all time favorites. Something I'd like to see, and both have said they'd like to do it, is Punk vs Stone Cold at Mania. I agree that Cena vs Taker would be a great money match. It would be the perfect way to send out Taker if this isn't his last match, and I doubt that it is.

I wouldn't mind seeing HHH vs HBK. Both are two of my all time favorites. Something I'd like to see, and both have said they'd like to do it, is Punk vs Stone Cold at Mania. I agree that Cena vs Taker would be a great money match. It would be the perfect way to send out Taker if this isn't his last match, and I doubt that it is.
Punk and Austin are going back and forth on that issue right now. Punk tweeted "29" at Austin, and Austin tweeted back to "Worry about 28 first". If that match happens, I'm hooked regardless when they announce it. The promos those two could cut on each other would be epic.

And PokeChop, the reason Shawn/Rock never happened is bad blood from when Shawn was at his worst, ego wise, and Rock was starting out. Shawn didn't like the fact Bret Hart did some things to get Rock over early, and Rock didn't really care for Shawn either. I'm guessing things are mended, somewhat, now.

Dave Meltzer did a list of Wrestlemania matches that were supposed to happen but never did due to a variety of issues. Some would have been great... wish the list was public and not just in the newsletter at one point. For example, The Rock vs. Hogan was supposed to be Austin vs. Hogan, but political issues derailed it.

Last edited:
I'll take ANY match with Shawn at WM, I dont care if he fights a chair. I would kill to see Rock vs HBK, since it never happened at WM, anyway, it'd be a huge and I'd buy it just for that match alone.

I'm a HHH fan, I know its cool be hate on him but I've always been a HHH mark. his nicknames, entrance themes, the water thing, and He's one of the best Heels ever. So I'd be all for it if it were to happen.

Though HBK vs CM Punk has a REALLY nice sound to it also. but not gonna happen.
My issue with Triple H is that no matter how hard he tries or the company tries, he'll never be the "Be all/End All" performer. One of the best lines I've ever heard about him is "Steve Austin and The Rock made Vince McMahon a billionaire... Triple H made him a millionaire". When the focus was on Triple H and he was the "top guy", the company suffered. He's fine in the role he is in right now, but sooner or later, he gets that urge to insert himself into the top angle and screw it up (See the C.M. Punk angle from this summer).

It also goes back to my criticism on how this year's Triple H/Taker match has been built. We're not hearing that Undertaker has TWO wins over Triple H at Wrestlemania... we're hearing that Taker got lucky last year and Triple H "won the war". The logical build, at least before Shawn got added, would be Triple H being driven crazy about not being able to beat The Undertaker and wanting revenge in the Cell... but then that would have involved Triple H having to acknowledge he wasn't superior in those other two matches.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.