Alabama "Small" Crowd yesterday

drjohn432

1st Team
Nov 28, 1999
mobile
$45 face value. i couldn't give away 4 tickets, and the school was running specials that gave you free food and drink with tickets

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
With some legitimate exceptions, such as some mentioned above, people didn't go because they are lazy. They just want to go to "big" games. Think of all the great fans who would love to be able to go, but can't. Not don't want to, but can't for real reasons. Too many don't want to be engaged when Alabama has lost or may not have a good shot at a NC. They are hot stuff Bama fans until there is a slip up or adversity then they are all mouth. Just listen to a radio talk show last week. There are too many casual, good times fans out there. I wish they would latch on to another team with their wishy washy allegiance, maybe dust off the orange side of their closet.
And yes, I was there yesterday.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
With some legitimate exceptions, such as some mentioned above, people didn't go because they are lazy. They just want to go to "big" games. Think of all the great fans who would love to be able to go, but can't. Not don't want to, but can't for real reasons. Too many don't want to be engaged when Alabama has lost or may not have a good shot at a NC. They are hot stuff Bama fans until there is a slip up or adversity then they are all mouth. Just listen to a radio talk show last week. There are too many casual, good times fans out there. I wish they would latch on to another team with their wishy washy allegiance, maybe dust off the orange side of their closet.
And yes, I was there yesterday.
I'm being a jerk here, I know, but there's 100,000 people in Tuscaloosa. Fuss at the bandwagon fans who live fifteen minutes from the stadium, but don't make blanket accusations about our fanbase.

I mean...how much money do some of you people spend on this? I'm a diehard fan and alum, but geez.

Johnwants#15

1st Team
Nov 30, 2005
I often wonder how many of the people who complain were actually there... I was and I also will say.
there were tix for sale as cheap as $5 outside.
so finance should not be a big concern if you really wanted to see " your" Tide play.

ChesapeakeTide

All-SEC
Nov 24, 2006
Laurel, MD
I often wonder how many of the people who complain were actually there... I was and I also will say.
there were tix for sale as cheap as $5 outside.
so finance should not be a big concern if you really wanted to see " your" Tide play.
I disagree... For a lot of fans there's a lot more cost involved in going to the game than just having a ticket.

crimsonbleeder

All-American
Dec 1, 2002
Birmingham, AL
I was there to see Alabama play, not Western Carolina.
BOOm...that's the point. We were all there as usual to cheer for OUR guys. Glad the players and coaches don't have the attitudes of some of our (pseudo-)fans---we might not have had enough players show up to play the game Saturday.

J4Bama

All-American
Mar 24, 2002
Sarasota, Florida
I guess we should go ahead and load up the schedule with the likes of Oklahoma, Ohio State, Texas and not give the guys a soft game all season. Then come into the SEC title game banged up with no rest and scratch our heads when we lose.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
I was there. Drove four hours there and fours back, spent $100 in gas. The students couldn't cross the street. There was no excuse for the students section to be that empty. I was embarrassed. I was a freshman when I had to drive to BHM for every home game and the student section was never that empty no matter the situation.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
I was there. Drove four hours there and fours back, spent $100 in gas. The students couldn't cross the street. There was no excuse for the students section to be that empty. I was embarrassed. I was a freshman when I had to drive to BHM for every home game and the student section was never that empty no matter the situation.
Please. The student section was just as empty as the rest of the stadium. The whole place was no more than 60% full. Regular seats are assigned though so it doesn't show up as easily. Lets stop blaming the students for every single empty seat in the stadium after every game. :rolleyes:

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I'm being a jerk here, I know, but there's 100,000 people in Tuscaloosa. Fuss at the bandwagon fans who live fifteen minutes from the stadium, but don't make blanket accusations about our fanbase.

I mean...how much money do some of you people spend on this? I'm a diehard fan and alum, but geez.
Hmm... judging by that count of things that we don't mention, which appears under your name above, you spend a lot more time on this than me. And rather than a blanket accusation, I thought I made a specific statement about casual fans and when they attend games. Anyway, Roll Tide.

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
Simply put there is more to life than Alabama football. Being sick for a week in 2000 after sitting through afwul conditions to watch Bama lose 9-0 to the barn. Worth it. 11:30 game against Western Carolina not so much. I guess that makes me a casual fan. I'll remember that when I'm one of 2,000 in crowd to watch the Bama basketball team play the likes of Charleston Southern, VCU, Mercer, and Oakland.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
We needed a bye week so instead we had this game. Get over yourself.
Not directed at you, but to add to this, if its a "bye week" then lets stop railing on people for not showing up. Personally I think 11am had the most to do with it, followed by the opponent quality. A-Day is a more competitive game.

And for the record, I was there through the end of the 4th.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Full disclosure, I wasn't able to go to this game. Secondly, I know some people take my complaining about fan support as my having all kinds of problems with Alabama football. That's not the case. I don't like college football going to a playoff, I don't like the fact that our fans take some games off, but I otherwise don't do much complaining. I'm not here to bash everything and I don't jump at chances to criticize the team.

Also, Alabama fans did show up and keep cheering for the A&M game. I did get tickets as I said I was going to try to do, and the crowd did their part. I can't criticize them at all in how they "performed".

But, I would like to see fans show up to the less important games. Texas A&M tickets became quite expensive, you could get tickets to this game with extra food even. These were highly affordable tickets. I do understand people not driving 4 or 5 hours for this game, but people in the area? People in Birmingham? You get a ticket and food for a pretty good price. I'm sure some people skipped out on this game, that shelled out $200+ dollars for the A&M game, and when you consider this game would have cost a quarter of that it is a bit of an issue.

We can say the game didn't matter, it was just backups, etc... But, Blake Sims got serious playing time. Brent Calloway, etc... Do you think it wasn't special to them? It wasn't important? I understand why the turnout was smaller, but this shouldn't become a habit. It was a missed opportunity because the fans could have shown up in larger numbers to show support for the team after a tough loss, and to show support for the players that are the future of the team. There are people that didn't go to this game, that could have, and in turn might have missed out on a chance to say they saw a championship team play live.

TIDE24

1st Team
Jan 12, 2000
Bartlett, TN
Please. The student section was just as empty as the rest of the stadium. The whole place was no more than 60% full. Regular seats are assigned though so it doesn't show up as easily. Lets stop blaming the students for every single empty seat in the stadium after every game. :rolleyes:
you either weren't there or you are kidding yourself. The student section was less than half full and the rest of the stadium was at least 80%.

Students don't have to travel, the should be there for ALL the games, not just the "big" ones. I have had season tickets for 9 years and the students section is only full for 1-2 games a year, but I have never seen it that empty. Until the students fill their section for every game they do not need to complain about not having enough tickets.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.