Four Bama football players arrested, are dismissed from team

Status
Not open for further replies.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
Re: Four Bama football players arrested was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Calloway?

Wasn't Tyler Hayes one of the 2 sent home from Miami in January?
Calloway's previous issues with weed won't help this at all.
no, it was Anderson and Lee...

Well, assuming these charges stick, I assume they're gone. We need the space anyway, especially for guys who want to be there and intend to do things right.
I believe you are right.... I can't see them coming back from those charges, especially when CNS gets the news on vacation

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

Well, assuming these charges stick, I assume they're gone. We need the space anyway, especially for guys who want to be there and intend to do things right.

You never know what goes thru the minds of young guys.
If the charges stand up, it's a shame.

Makes you long for the days of Football Dorms, Football Cafeteria ect...
We had a little more control over the players when things were more regimented.

Guess the 'BAMA BASHERS' will come out in full force. :(
It's gonna be a long hard Summer.

It would be a good time for all the other players to 'Lay Low',
and avoid the wrath of Coach Saban.

buzzincuzzin

All-American
Jan 8, 2006
Re: Four Bama football players arrested was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Calloway?

Four players and a credit card. What time was it?

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS

Well, this sucks! If they did this, they should be gone, IMO. But I'll wait until the facts are known, of course.

RTR251

3rd Team
Dec 4, 2011
Mobile, Al

Coach needs to send the other players a message and dismiss them.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Can one of the lawyers on here tell me if this is an accurate description of second degree robbery?

Second degree robbery is the taking of anything of value belonging to another from the person of another or that is in the immediate control of another when the offender intentionally inflicts serious bodily injury.

(2) For purposes of this Section, "serious bodily injury" means bodily injury which involves unconsciousness, extreme physical pain or protracted and obvious disfigurement, or protracted loss or impairment of the function of a bodily member, organ, or mental faculty, or a substantial risk of death.
Alabama Code Section 13A-8-42 says:

Robbery in the second degree.

(a) A person commits the crime of robbery in the second degree if he violates Section 13A-8-43 and he is aided by another person actually present.

(b) Robbery in the second degree is a Class B felony.

(Acts 1977, No. 607, p. 812, §3306.)

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL

Coach needs to send the other players a message and dismiss them.
That's not even the issue. If these charges stick, they're going to jail. They can't play football from prison.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006

Very bad decision at a minimum. Calloway seems to be one that might've "just gone along for the ride." Depending on the facts, I'd imagine he's got the best chance of remaining on the team. The facts will determine the fate of these kids. Pettway was in line for significant PT (Williams, Calloway and Hayes would all likely have, at a minimum, contributed on ST too). CNS did allude to Pettway's obstacle to PT was off-field related more than on-field.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
Re: Four Bama football players arrested - was progress of Eddie Williams & B. Callowa

This is sad and embarrassing. If true I hope they are all gone. We've got enough players to not put up with this crap.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

Well, If there's any silver lining in this it's we've recruited so well, and this happened so early in the offseason, that we can prepare accordingly. The season is a LONG, LONG way off.

GreatDanish

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2005
TN

That's not even the issue. If these charges stick, they're going to jail. They can't play football from prison.
Surely the REC has infiltrated the justice system.

But, yeah, Saban is the least of these kids' worries.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Any news on the progress of Eddie Williams and Brent Calloway?

Original Story <--Click

Links to their arrests:

Brent Calloway
Fraudulent use of a credit card

Eddie Williams
Fraudulent use of a credit card
2nd Degree Robbery

DJ Pettway
2nd Degree Robbery

Tyler Hayes
2nd Degree Robbery

:(
2nd Degree Robbery is a Class B Felony in the state of Alabama, which means this as punishment:

(2) For a Class B felony, not more than 20 years or less than 2 years.
(Alabama Code 13A-5-6)

(2) For a Class B felony, not more than $30,000;
(Alabama Code Section 13A-5-11)

I'm struggling to find information about the fraudulent use of a credit card. Point here, though, is three of them face no less than 2 years in jail and a hefty fine.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

2nd Degree Robbery is a Class B Felony in the state of Alabama, which means this as punishment:

(Alabama Code 13A-5-6)

(Alabama Code Section 13A-5-11)

I'm struggling to find information about the fraudulent use of a credit card. Point here, though, is three of them face no less than 2 years in jail and a hefty fine.
Off the top of my head, "theft by deception." However, criminal law is not my field...

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN

I really hate hearing this. These are all guys too that have been part of the program for a while now. I am pretty sure once Saban gets all the facts together he will do what he has to do. If that means kicking them off the team then so be it.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

They're due some jail time even with a plea.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

They're due some jail time even with a plea.
we know nothing at this point, nothing. DA could decide to charge all with everything or 1 with all charges. Until then there is no call to speculate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.