400 Bad Request Page (TF Viewing Problems)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
Anyone else getting this or is it just me?

Happens a LOT when I try to respond to a thread. Sometimes exit out of my browser several times and sign back in before it lets me respond.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
It happens to me when I'm trying to reply at work, but it hasn't happened to me at home. I thought it was my work's network that was causing it.

I also will hit reply sometimes, and the page just "loads" indefinitely. I'll have to copy what I wrote, refresh the page, and try again.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It happens to me when I'm trying to reply at work, but it hasn't happened to me at home. I thought it was my work's network that was causing it.

I also will hit reply sometimes, and the page just "loads" indefinitely. I'll have to copy what I wrote, refresh the page, and try again.
An easier workaround for this problem is to go to the toolbar and stop the "load." Then, hit "reply" again and it'll usually work immediately without having to do a C&P. This is probably a vB bug, but intermittent stuff is murder to track down. I've have the "bad request" problem, but it's been very infrequently. My assumption has been that it's a momentary ISP problem...

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
I've never had problems of this nature, since I switched to Chrome. I've had problems with Cisco's webex, and Rosetta Stone, they simply had IE as a default browser when one open's the site, no problems since. Chrome is not perfecthowever, absolutely no problems with TF since I switched. Chrome's spell check is awful.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Talking about the 400 Bad Request Page it just happened when I tried to reply a few minutes ago. It does seem to have been occurring with more frequency.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
400 errors are usually because of a bad request by the client. In this case, something in the message board programming sent a bit of data that the web server couldn't interpret and it returned that error.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I'm having this problem using firefox but not when using chrome
That is what I was wondering. I use Firefox. A simple solution in Firefox is to right click and left click "reload" and it goes through. It could be an add-on or anything that causes it. With the few number of replies and it taking this long for someone to say something, I suspect it's not a problem in IE.

What browser's are having the problem?

1. Firefox

Last edited:

RedStar

Hall of Fame
Jan 28, 2005
The Shoals, AL
That is what I was wondering. I use Firefox. A simple solution in Firefox is to right click and left click "reload" and it goes through. It could be an add-on or anything that causes it. With the few number of replies and it taking this long for someone to say something, I suspect it's not a problem in IE.

What browser's are having the problem?

1. Firefox
I'm having it with Chrome, and it only happens when I try to reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.