Class Act by Shariff Floyd After Announcing He's Leaving Florida for the NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Sounds like a dear john letter to me. Its ok i guess. But when it comes to classy moves he's no barrett jones. He should stay and get a degree and help mushchamp win a national championship. Heck anybody can write a letter. What you do speaks so loud i cant hear what you say.

Last edited:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Sounds like a dear john letter to me. Its ok i guess. But when it comes to classy moves he's no barrett jones. He should stay and get a degree and help mushchamp win a national championship. Heck anybody can write a letter. What you do speaks so loud i cant hear what you say.
thats like saying our three year starters that went to play in the NFL dont have class either?
Lots of kids leave early to pursue an NFL career, and I can understand that... that was a classy way for him to think the fans and university, IMO.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
thats like saying our three year starters that went to play in the NFL dont have class either?
Lots of kids leave early to pursue an NFL career, and I can understand that... that was a classy way for him to think the fans and university, IMO.
I said it was ok but i wouldnt call it classy. Was it nice sure it was. Imo to declare that a classy thing to do i think that it dilutes the term and takes away from the real deal classy people like barrett jones. What this player did was ok and nothing beyond that.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Who says he doesn't have a degree? Who says he doesn't have a need for money in his family?

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Who says he doesn't have a degree? Who says he doesn't have a need for money in his family?
Does he have a degree? Im sure that if he did i would have been corrected on that. It didnt say he graduated.. he is leaving school,,probably without a degree. Imo

Last edited:

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
I said it was ok but i wouldnt call it classy. Was it nice sure it was. Imo to declare that a classy thing to do i think that it dilutes the term and takes away from the real deal classy people like barrett jones. What this player did was ok and nothing beyond that.
You won't win this one. I refused to go along with calling the letter from Missouri after GA beat their brains in classy and was ridiculed endlessly for it. They were humbled by GA and only after that did they decide to be thankful to be in the SEC. Everyone declared that a classy move, but in my opinion it was very much like when my 7 year old is forced to say "I'm sorry" after punching his brother. Society has come to expect so little of people that not farting at the dinner table passes for class now.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
Good move. This doesn't take away from Barrett. It's a different player...on a different team. It's a very nice gesture.

nx4bama

All-SEC
Apr 8, 2010
NW Alabama
You won't win this one. I refused to go along with calling the letter from Missouri after GA beat their brains in classy and was ridiculed endlessly for it. They were humbled by GA and only after that did they decide to be thankful to be in the SEC. Everyone declared that a classy move, but in my opinion it was very much like when my 7 year old is forced to say "I'm sorry" after punching his brother. Society has come to expect so little of people that not farting at the dinner table passes for class now.
Well count me "classy"! ;)

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
How can you even compare this letter, Missouri's letter, and your example? Unbelievable! :confused:

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
Has Barrett published his letter anywhere yet?

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Just FYI, class is not a commodity that if you deal out too much, will eventually run dry and no one will ever get it again. I agree Barrett Jones is a class act. He is a great player and does a lot of great things off the field. But some argue that his exchange between AJ in the NC Game was the farthest thing from "class".

Bottom line is, what this kid did was a "classy" thing to do. It shows that he is appreciative of the opportunities that the people in Gainesville afforded him. Will the guy win a Nobel Peace Prize or Pulitzer Prize for this letter? Hell no...but don't look down on it as if it wasn't a classy gesture.

This was a refreshing thing for a young man to do. There is plenty of reserves of class left in the vault to be doled out...quit being so stingy with it!

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
The title of the thread needs to be changed to properly reflect what this player did. Something like the word nice in place of classy would suffice.

rizolltizide

Hall of Fame
Jan 4, 2003
st pete, fl
Barrett Jones dosent have to. His deeds speak for them selves.
Ah, gotcha. It's just implied. That's the best kind of class.

Didn't realize we were speaking of any deeds other than an athlete thanking the school he attended and its fanbase in writing for an opportunity? Maybe if Floyd also played violin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.